Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Firm Yoga Beginner Kit - Mat Color May Vary
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on April 24, 2013
Great starter kit for beginners. The mat is very thin and wouldn't be very comfortable on hard surfaces. I only have carpet so it's okay for me. I found this a great way to get started in Yoga from the comfort of my own home. The DVD is very easy to follow and a great pace for beginners.
on March 28, 2011
I have terrible back problems (two herniated discs) and have tried many things to relieve my pain and get my life back. However, it is the first time I've tried yoga. This is the perfect kit for someone who needs to start off really slow and easy. I did this video for about three weeks every day which helped me gain a lot of flexibility. Now I've started doing a more advanced video (Wai Lani yoga) which I couldn't have started out with but was well prepared for after a few weeks doing this Firm Yoga video.

I do not find the mat too thin, but I do have carpeting so that undoubtedly provides extra cushion. The block and strap are incredibly helpful at supporting a beginner in some of the more difficult stretches.

I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants to start doing yoga, but especially to those who have back pain and can't just jump right into a lot of the more difficult moves. It will get you ready for the next level and is easy enough that you won't be compelled to give up quickly.
on January 30, 2013
Bought this to introduce me to yoga. The cd is good to get you started but gets boring after awhile as does most things of this nature. I do go back and use it occasionally to help loosen up. The girl is very good with her instructions. It comes with a strap, block, and yoga mat. The mat is fine on carpet but if you are into serious yoga you will need a thicker one.
on August 23, 2007
I have done yoga for several years. I needed a sticky mat when I found myself transplanted several states away to take care of my mom. I ordered "The Firm" because it was inexpensive and included a brick. The mat is nice and sticky, but you do need a carpet or rug underneath. The mat is too thin for using on bare floors. For beginners the video was pretty good too, although the instructor exhales out of her mouth a few times.
on September 22, 2007
Mine just arrived yesterday & being somewhat new to yoga, I'm just happy to have a kit finally. However, I could see right away that the mat is far too thin & will be replaced with a thicker one soon. I'll be letting my 3 1/2 year old daughter use the mat from this kit for her yoga practice, but only with an area rug or something underneath.

The dvd is nice. It doesn't look like a low-cost production & the instructor can be easily heard as she gently guides you. But... I'm new & already more advanced than this video is. If you can bend over & touch your toes without bending your knees, you're probably more flexible than the people this dvd is meant for.

The block is great & so is the strap. No criticisms there.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase & don't regret it because it was so cheap. I got what I paid for & expected. This mat will get me through the first few months & I've already found plenty of free full length yoga lessons online to keep me happy so the dvd issue isn't even a problem for me.
on November 10, 2012
Okay so this is definitely a Beginner kit. The mat is a bit thin but it is sufficient and does not slide unless you sweat a lot, which is not very likely with the workout on the DVD. The block is standard and strap as well, both helping to maintain balance and help you out with difficult move. The only thing I really did not like was that the instructor moved too quickly out of the moves, I felt like I did not really get a proper stretch because of that. But it's ok for people wanting a taste of yoga.
on April 8, 2008
I purchaced this kit hopping it would help alleviate tension and stiffness all over my body which had increased due to my physical job and a recently renewed workout routine. It works like a charm! The first time I tried it I felt wonderfully relaxed and warm all over. I have tried yoga practice before but I was never comfortable paying larg fees for weekly classes in crowded classrooms. This was the perfect solution. The tape is easy to follow and is the perfect way to start the day even if you have a busy schedule since it only takes 30 min. I suppose that yoga enthuisists would find things to nitpick on the tape, but I didn't find them to be distracting from the whole experience.
The mat is perfect for what it was ment for, an easy, relaxing 30 minutes infront of your television. If you plan on using it for challenging postures on hard wood floors then this probably isn't the mat for you.
If you are looking for a kit to help start or enhance your home yoga experience then this is perfect. If you are looking for a kit to take to classes with you then you'll probably want to spend a little more money for a thicker mat with a carrying case.
on May 20, 2008
This is a very good yoga program to start off with if you have never tried yoga a day in your life. Its 30 minutes of calming and relaxing stretching. The instructor(Allie) is motivating and I like her style. I tried to do a different "beginner yoga dvd" and couldnt get pass the 1st move. This was easy to do and the included strap and brick help to take it to another level. Some say the mat is thin and cheap, but I have no problem with it, it is fine with me. This dvd offers really good stretches and helps me to relax and relieve stress after a long day or a really good workout. Intermediate and Advanced people should not buy this, it is too easy. Overall I liked it and use it weekly!
on April 9, 2008
This is a great workout from The FIRM. Yoga adds a nice variety to their other DVDs- it's relaxing but you still feel like you worked at it. You'll notice the yoga mat is useful for several other FIRM work outs.

The instructor, Allie Del Rio, is encouraging and makes sure to mention ways to make the poses earier or harder. She also tells you what's ahead, which is always nice.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it!
on September 4, 2007
I love the Firm's products, and I was excited when I saw this set. It comes with a sticky mat, foam brick, cotton strap, and DVD. The DVD's exercises are led by Allie Del Rio, my favorite Firm instructor! The workout is very soothing, relaxing, and not difficult to follow at all. I don't do yoga for inner peace or harmony or wellness...I do it to get flexible! This workout is fantastic! I'd give it 10 stars if I could!