Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The First Thanksgiving: A Lift-the-Flap Book
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Format: Board book|Change

on November 25, 2011
This is a great first Thanksgiving book for toddlers. It tells the basics of the Thanksgiving story: pilgrims, Native Americans, banquet with lift-the-flaps on each page for added interest. Best historical Thanksgiving book for this age group that I've found. Very happy with purchase.
on February 7, 2015
After reading Nathaniel Philbrick's Mayflower, I wanted to make sure that when reading Thanksgiving books to my child, I was avoiding the fact-less drivel that passes for history lessons these days. This book has nice clear illustrations, and few words. Not much is really going on in this book actually, but that for me was a plus because it meant there wasn't much for it to get wrong.

The book has flaps you can lift. Honestly they aren't the best done. My 2 year old wasn't that interested in them, not like she is with the Spot lift the flap books. But I like that it was so simple, because as she has gotten older, I have been able to submit my own storyline and it still goes with the pictures.

So far my favorite factual children's book for Thanksgiving is T is for Turkey. But this one is cute and pretty harmless, so I would recommend it.
on October 21, 2010
LOVE LOVE this little book as an intro to thanksgiving for your little one. Though the text is very sparse, it's easy to fill in with details of your own, from the great illustrations. the lift the flaps are great, too. overall i'm pleased!
on October 28, 2013
Love this one. Simple words, pictures, but accurate story for your little one! I would definitely buy again and am excited to have it in my son's library!
on December 2, 2013
Great introduction of the first Thanksgiving for babies and toddlers. That said, my little guy (who loves lift the flaps) didn't really get into it. I think parents might like this better for kids, until kids are about 2 or so. I'm glad this book came out, though. There are not enough good Thanksgiving board books.
on December 2, 2013
Adorable book about Thanksgiving. My baby was 13 months at Thanksgiving and so he loved all the flaps. He is mad for flaps! I was super pleased!

They do show domesticated turkeys in this book, which my toddler pointed to. I am pretty sure he was a little disturbed by the inaccuracy, as the first turkeys were hunted and not raised at Thanksgiving, but he is a trooper and just kept going.
on December 16, 2013
I love the book and I love how it shows small children the true meaning of Thanksgiving. What I didn't like is that the little flaps are just paper and could easily be torn off. This is a board book that is obviously designed for young children, but this is definitely not something I would leave my toddler alone with.
on November 26, 2012
I purchased this book to introduce Thanksgiving to my 2 year old. It's a very short board book that is perfect to capture her attention (through fun rhymes and lift the flaps) and quickly teach her the basics of the story. For example, "This is the ship that sailed the sea....carrying Pilgrims to a land that's free." My daughter was quickly yelling out, "They go to 'Merica!!"
on April 13, 2016
Bought this book for my daughter's first thanksgiving. It was short and to the point, so it held her attention nicely, while explaining the basics of thanksgiving. Would recommend for infants and toddlers.
on December 11, 2012
I teach preschool and I wanted to find a book about Thanksgiving that told the story of the First Thanksgiving in the most basic storyline; this book did that. It was very simple and easy for three-year-olds to understand. It might be a little too simple for children older than five.