BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 19, 2017
It is definitely a good book for couples and it has improved my relationship with my wife. If nothing else it shows you what things your partner is really looking for out of their spouse. I quickly found that my love language was "Acts of Service". Though it might not be sexy or macho to say that, it means more to me to have the dishes and laundry done when I come home after work or have minor home improvements taken care of before I get home. My wife and I have 2 small children and our house is hard to stay clean because every room feels like a mess. We do clean it all the time but it feels like a losing battle. My wife's love language is "Words of Affirmation". As you can tell from all these Amazon reviews I am much more of a writer than I am a talker. My wife is always looking for me to say how much I love and appreciate her because I don't say it often enough.

A big part of improving your relationship with your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend is to sticking with a date night to make sure you have quality time together. Especially if you have children or a high stress occupation. My wife and I have been together for 10 years and got stuck in the rut of an endless routine of doing everything we could for our kids, followed by daily chores and left little time for ourselves. Committing to 1 date night a week has really helped our relationship and improved our communication.

I recommend the book for sure and found it inspiring and worth reading. All couples can benefit from reading this book. The only downside is I wish it could have been a little longer. The stories from the author are interesting and I would have liked to have heard a bunch of his other examples of couples that he has dealt with. It was a short book and my wife and I finished it in 4 or 5 days and that was reading it slowly. The price is easily affordable. I found it best to photo copy the test quiz at the end instead of writing in the book so we can give the book to any family or friends who are struggling with their relationship.
44 comments| 293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2017
I love the book but I have an issue with the e-book: I bought this not knowing my wife had the real book so we decided to read it together. The ebook though 90% is just like the regular book, there are parts that are omitted and some names were changed. The book itself gets a 10 but for those reasons the ebook gets a 4.
on June 10, 2016
I just finish reading this book. Hopefully I can get my life partner to read this book. It explains what I've been trying to tell him. However I have not been able to figure out my primary love language. I think depending on the moment I'm one of three. This is a work in progress. A lot of good examples to fallow. Even if there is not big issues with your relationship this will give you both something to ponder and perhaps enhance your relationship. There is always room for improvement. If your even thinking of it then it's worth the small price.
on October 17, 2017
It's a fairly good book that helped me learn a bit about myself and process that into change. Some of the advice was far too late since that relationship ended before I read this book. However, the book does bring somethings into light that I had not looked at before. I suggest that men read this book as well because it seems that far too many women are the ones attempting to make changes and the men don't start till it's too late.
Background: I am a 24 year old male and I approve of this book.
on January 30, 2017
I have given this book out as a gift! My BF and I loved it and it helped us to understand each other much better. Communication is the key to a fabulous relationship and this book is the best Step! I would recommend this book to anyone as a wedding gift!
on July 24, 2015
Even though it was a good book, me and my girlfriend tried to better our relationship through this. We broke up shortly after finishing this book, I guess we realized we had too different of love languages. I would act on her love language and got her gifts for one week, and my love language was the same, but the only thing I got for that week was a cup of coffee, and that's it. A relationship is with both partners putting in 100% effort, not where one puts in 90% of the work and the other puts 10%

I would recommend this book to many couples who are struggling out there in their relationships, maybe it will open new door ways, even though mine wasn't the door I thought I would open.
on August 25, 2017
This book is so helpful when you realize your love language is different and then your feeling don't get hurt. Great book for any stages of marriage!
on March 3, 2017
This book was recommended to us by our marriage councillor. I wish it had been recommended in our premarital counseling sessions that were required by our minister. So much pain could have been avoided. I highly recommend this book.
on September 26, 2017
This is a great book for any couple in a relationship. Whether you are going through a rough patch or just looking to take the relationship to the next level, read this book. It takes learning about each other's wants and needs with a different psychological approach.
on February 11, 2016
I love this book. I have read it several times in the past and couldn't find it anywhere so I bought another one. I have talked to a lot of people that love this book as well as therapists and counselors that love this book. Its fun to discover peoples love language and you can start seeing what other people in your life are just by the way the talk and present themselves. I recommend this book to everyone,