Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,402 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,293 reviews
on July 12, 2017
A sweet and compassionate, but wrenching tale of the After Life, and a life
before death. A new take on the process of living with no sense of your worth, dying,
and having your eyes opened. Opened to your pain, your suffering, your sin, and
finally opened to your worthiness.
on July 20, 2017
Recommended to me by my 30-year-old, male manicurist who was born in China and moved to Vietnam where he was raised alone by his Buddhist mother; I agree with him that this was a wonderfully thought-provoking story! Well written and lots of fascinating details to hold your interest tightly.
on June 9, 2011
I initially read another novel by Mitch Albom, the very well known Tuesday's with Morrie. While that was a good book to read in high school, I feel that this book really influenced me much more. I was in tears a couple of times while reading this book. All the different scenes and images are described in great detail and make the book very difficult to put down. If I didn't have other responsibilities at home, I would have finished it at one sitting. I did however, finish it very quickly and loved every moment. Usually I don't like books that shift time periods frequently, but Mitch Albom makes it work well into the storyline. I was in constant suspense at who the next person in heaven he would meet would be. And I am not even a religious person. It is just a great story: very interesting and inspirational. I think the main purpose of the book is to tell readers that during a lifetime, your actions influence a great number of people, whether or not you realize it.
on September 17, 2014
The five people you meet in heaven is by Mitch Albom. It is so interesting that I had to finish reading it even if it meant staying up late. Mitch writes in a profound way about what heaven is. It certainly isn’t what most people think. I found it quite interesting. The book is really good.
Eddie was the maintenance man at Ruby Pier amusement park for almost all his life. He did join the army and spent time in the Phillipines and then worked elsewhere for a while after marrying his only love Margurite. After his father’s death, he moved back to the building he lived in as a child to take care of his mother. He stayed in that apartment until his death.
Eddie was well known to all of the children who came regularly to the park. He would ride with them to check out rides, talk with them, make pipe cleaner animals for them, and listen and watch for any problems that might arise with the rides. He never wanted a ride to go wrong and cause someone to get hurt or die. However, one ride did go wrong and two of his younger men managed to get the people out of the car; but it came loose when they tried to restart it, a steel cable broke. Eddie tried to tell them not to start it; but they couldn’t hear him. He yelled for everyone to get back, which they did, except for a little girl he had met earlier. He dropped his cane and tried to reach the little girl but his leg gave out and he fell. He felt her hands holding his and then nothing. Eddie died.
The rest of the book tells about the five people he meets in heaven. Each played a part in his life or he in theirs. They were there to teach him a lesson and to send him on to the next person. Eddie’s life is revealed while talking to these five people. The lessons they impart are lessons everyone should consider in their own lives. One thing that Eddie is taught is that everyone’s life in intertwined with many others, even those you may not know or who have lived long before you. They are all intertwined. One question he asks throughout the book is “Did the little girl die too?”
on September 18, 2017
This book is a MUST READ! Whenever I encounter someone who has lost faith in themselves, or doesn't think they are important to anyone, I get them this book. What an amazing story of one ordinary man just living life and the impact he had on others.
on September 1, 2013
I read alot! My middle school was spent at the library with the main purpose of reading through the whole library before high school (and the secondary purpose of hiding from tormentors). I like the classics and the parts of modern litterature that battles the deeper questions of life, and which can feed my philosophical hunger. This has driven me away from books in my native language (which favors the crimi-genre) and into the arms of brilliant foreign writers. And this book is a top-seater.

It is absolutely Brilliant. Not at all what I expected - but then again: what DO you expect to see in heaven?

The reader follows Eddie on his journey through death, a journey in which you loose track of time, you are surprised, you wait and you hope, but you never really fear - he did after all, make it to heaven. Albom offers a really interesting take on the afterlife, and when the book is finished you sit and wonder: could it be like this? how else would it be?

The book is as full of questions as it is of answers - only not neccisarily to the corresponding questions and answers! Nonetheless, there is much wisdom and many new thoughts to be had from this little book. To say much more would spoil the surprise. But this is the one book you MUST read. A story touching upon the meaning of life and death, and inspirering us to make peace with the journey there. Cause', what are the really important things in our lives???
on June 16, 2016
I thought it was really good, but I would not read it again. The book is centered around an old man named Eddie who passes away at the beginning of the story. Eddie goes to heaven and there he meets with five different people. These people are all connected to him in different ways, some of them he knows and some of them he has never met before. The author Mitch Albom has given us an interesting perspective on what may happen once we die and this story has made me consider certain aspects in life more deeply. Looking back at the book I don't really share many connections with the people in the story, but I definitely recommend it to those who are interested as I believe this is a good read!
on September 29, 2016
Some books, like this one, do not need a review. They need/ you need - to read it. That's all. What a magnificent way to show us all that we are all connected, whether we are aware of it or not. We impact each other directly even if we only hear about it when we are in Heaven. Knowing about it in real time means that you have evolved beyond the restraints of ordinary humans. Good for you!!! Being simple is rather helpful in listening to all the insights that are likely to flood you while reading. No spoilers: I promise. Just buy a book and read it. Now. This minute.
on November 3, 2015
Although at times this book can be a bit dry and boring, because the reader knows what the main character will be facing, it entices you to continue on to see how he has helped others in his life. By seeing just how much the main character has helped others during his lifetime, the reader begins to realize everyone has an impact on others and changes others lives. It is a great book to make you realize this and start seeing how you can consciously effect others lives in a positive way.
on May 21, 2017
Beautiful story written beautifully. Played like a movie in my head and poked my heart many times. Prepare to feel a little emotional. Definitely suggest reading.