Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 4, 2017
Great book, well researched and written. I had never heard of this event; the book taught me a lot about the area and time in which it took place. The rescue was so difficult, it's hard to believe it's a true story. Being an Air Force veteran with an avid interest in World War II, I found it spellbinding. Any war history buff should enjoy this book a lot.
on December 1, 2017
This was a wonderful story of courage and the instinct to survive. It is a true story that made me angry at my own government and also the British.A man who put his own life at stake along with the people of Yugoslavia who took care of our pilots until they could be rescued. I loved this story and highly recommend it. I couldn't put it down.
on March 31, 2017
A wonderful read. Suspenseful true story of heroism and selflessness that went untold for decades. Once you read it, you'll pass it around to your friends as I have.
on June 13, 2017
An amazing story of heroism, comraudery, and patriotism. A great look into the events of the work of the 15th US Army Air Corps, the bombing of the Oil Fields of Eastern Europe, and the plight of downed air crews. The people of the US and the people of Yugoslavia deserve to know the truth.
on August 27, 2013
The perserverance of these airmen albeit with the help of the locals deep in the Nazi axis looked like they would never be rescued. When the geo-politics of their situation was finally overcome the risky airstrip landing and takeoffs of US cargo planes was their saviour.

The telling of the story unknown to me before reading this E-book was enticing, exciting and bound to keep one reading.

A masterful statement of another World War II episode.
on November 15, 2017
A nicely researched story about WWII that should have been general knowledge for the past 60 years but, in it's infinite wisdom, the government kept it under wraps until just recently. Kept my interest all the way through. I think anyone could enjoy it, it has something for everyone.
on May 11, 2017
This is a. Book that should receive wide attention as a part of the WWII history. It is well written and well documented.
on February 4, 2017
My husband is a WWII book & movie fan. He enjoyed this book very much.
on June 26, 2014
THIS PREVIOUSLY UNTOLD STORY REVEALS ONE OF THE GREATEST MIRACLES OF WORLD WAR II. IT TELLS ABOUT
THE RESCUE FROM YUGOSLAVIA OF 500 OR SO MEN WHO BECAME SEPARATED FROM THEIR VARIOUS GROUPS AS THEY PARACHUTED INTO NAZI OCCUPIED TERRITORY WITHIN YUGOSLAVIA. THE MIRACLE INVOLVED WAS THEY WERE
ALL SAVED EXCEPT FOR A VERY FEW. THAT IT WAS DONE UNDER THE NOSES OF NAZI TROOPS WITHOUT CAUSING
THE NAZIS TO SEE OR HEAR WHAT WAS HAPPENING WAS A PART OF THIS MIRACLE. THE DETAILS AS TO HOW IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED IS WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK SO VERY FASCINATING.

IN A WAY IT RANKS WITH THE D-DAY INVASION OF EUROPE.
on November 3, 2014
An excellent book that tought me a sad story that I was not aware of.
It is terrible that, once again, we learn that politics have prevalence over human lives, and the "political leaders" in cahoots with the press tell us the story that they want us to swallow.
The book also teach us the will and perseverance, of both of the survivors, and the rescuers that fight against the burocracy and lack of interest of the higher ups to get the job done, having to fight in some instances outright sabotage of the British allied to derail the rescue.