BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Dirty Heads Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 17, 2017
This story should have been in my world history books when I was in junior high and senior high in the 1960's. Why wasn't it? Our government was duped during WW2 by British agents loyal to the Soviets. We are in the same situation today where our government is hiding information from its citizens that it shouldn't be hiding from Benghazi to the Russian Uranuim 1 deal. History repeats itself when we don't learn our lessons. We need more books like this that tell actual history. This book is well written and was a joy to listen to. It was very emotional to hear what our airmen went through behind enemy lines. Thanks to the doggedness of a few OSS agents our airmen were rescued rather than rotting behind enemy lines as was the desire of the US State Department during the war because we chose to back Tito rather than the man that saved our airmen, Serbian General Draza Mihailovic.
on March 20, 2017
I love history and this is a good story. You won't be disappointed.
on May 11, 2017
This is a. Book that should receive wide attention as a part of the WWII history. It is well written and well documented.
on February 4, 2017
My husband is a WWII book & movie fan. He enjoyed this book very much.
on June 26, 2014
THIS PREVIOUSLY UNTOLD STORY REVEALS ONE OF THE GREATEST MIRACLES OF WORLD WAR II. IT TELLS ABOUT
THE RESCUE FROM YUGOSLAVIA OF 500 OR SO MEN WHO BECAME SEPARATED FROM THEIR VARIOUS GROUPS AS THEY PARACHUTED INTO NAZI OCCUPIED TERRITORY WITHIN YUGOSLAVIA. THE MIRACLE INVOLVED WAS THEY WERE
ALL SAVED EXCEPT FOR A VERY FEW. THAT IT WAS DONE UNDER THE NOSES OF NAZI TROOPS WITHOUT CAUSING
THE NAZIS TO SEE OR HEAR WHAT WAS HAPPENING WAS A PART OF THIS MIRACLE. THE DETAILS AS TO HOW IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED IS WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK SO VERY FASCINATING.

IN A WAY IT RANKS WITH THE D-DAY INVASION OF EUROPE.
on November 3, 2014
An excellent book that tought me a sad story that I was not aware of.
It is terrible that, once again, we learn that politics have prevalence over human lives, and the "political leaders" in cahoots with the press tell us the story that they want us to swallow.
The book also teach us the will and perseverance, of both of the survivors, and the rescuers that fight against the burocracy and lack of interest of the higher ups to get the job done, having to fight in some instances outright sabotage of the British allied to derail the rescue.
on April 29, 2016
It was a great story about the heroism of this Yugoslavian General Milachagive who saved the airmen of the B17 during World War II. Unfortunately he was killed by Tito and the Communist for allegedly helping Hitler which was a lie. He received posthumously the Legion of Merit medal for his effort which was the highest honor given to foreigner by the United States. This was a true story of the war. The airmen wanted this general defended but could not get it done. Forgive me for spelling the generals name wrong.
on September 20, 2016
Tremendous book...what a fantastic story. Very educational as they did not teach this in my high school or college history class! Glad Mr. Freeman has set the records straight. If you want to learn about dedication, determination, and the will of a people read this book.
on April 17, 2015
This book was recommended to me by a friend who knew one of the veterans rescued. I'm glad I took his advice and read this book.

A story that WWII enthusiasts and even history buffs would appreciate. The narration is very straightforward with few surprises so it comes across a little dry, but two things are strikingly obvious: 1. This was truly a behind-the-lines rescue operation of unparallelled scale and 2. The heroes were the unfortunate victims of political convenience. I can barely begin to appreciate the struggle, bravery, and heartbreak of those caught in war-torn countries and owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to our veterans.
on November 15, 2014
This starts as a good story, very interesting and well written. Unfortunately it bogs down about 2/3 of the way through as it delves into the huge political battles in philosophy that affected the outcome of the story. If politicians haven't made you angry recently, this book will cure that problem by revealing the infuriating behavior of governments and the effect it has on real people's lives. More a book on politics during the war and less a book on the action itself, but still enough to keep your interest most of the time.