Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 83 reviews
on December 5, 2012
Rod Stryker was recommended by Richard Miller's (iRest) book on Meditation. I attended a live seminar with Dr. Miller, and it changed my life. I can go to sleep much more easily, without tablets, and have begun the first tentative steps in meditation, now that I have lived some of the benefits. "The Four Desires" has a few chapters of definitions, but then becomes very practical in how to map out your life's purpose using a relatively easy form of analysis. Stryker is very good at explaining WHY he makes certain recommendations, and it certainly works for me. Yoga, plus these books, have helped me to start of view life at a whole other level. Thanks to both authors for their contributions to those who are seeking the fullness which life has to offer.
on March 21, 2012
I have been a student and teacher of yoga for many years. This book, as well as Rod Stryker's Four Desires training, has illuminated my self-knowledge and understanding of the yoga tradition in so many important ways. I worked through the steps outlined in Stryker's book to establish my own intentions for what I want to create for myself, but I also prescribe this process to my private yoga clients who are in life transition.

I recommend this book to anyone who is willing to make a commitment to fulfilling their heart's deepest longing, which may lead you in a direction that at first seems scary, but ultimately will become freeing. Also, definitely download the companion cds so you can do the meditations- if you don't do the practices in this book, the process won't work. I do the Relax into Greatness practice at least 4x week. Happy learning!
on January 19, 2013
This is truly an incredible book. It's very well written, quite comprehensive, and truly life changing -- if you do more than just read it. Just like reading a book about ice skating will not turn you into a world-class skater, Rod does a terrific job of gently encouraging you to do the exercises and meditations as you move through the book. None of the exercises or meditations are difficult; they merely require your commitment of time. I also purchased the accompanying Four Desires CD set so that Rod's voice guides my meditation practice. I strongly recommend this. His voice is perfect for this purpose. It's very gentle and encouraging, yet completely articulate. The Four Desires is also a very honest book. Rod provides numerous stories from real people. The stories of un-success are just as important as the stories of success. His own story is there as well. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to make a true difference in their life.
on September 12, 2011
Rod Stryker has really touched my soul through his book the Four Desires.
It has been awhile since I have been so moved by a book and I have been moved to tears.
Rod's knowledge and manner which he expresses his ideas is easy to read and makes you want to read on. It gets the reader to really look within. What is also especially helpful is the guidance he gives thru journaling and meditation to go deeper within and help you connect with your souls purpose and live a more fulfilling life.
So if you are looking to transform your life and really make a connection to your purpose in life I highly recommend this book! As a psychotherapist and Yoga practitioner, I have already recommended this book to many people both personally and professionally.
on August 7, 2017
The exercises and guidance in this book are powerful and life changing. This is a book you don't just read, but work with as the real meat is found through the writing exercises, meditation inquiries and pratices.
on October 13, 2015
This is a book that could change your life. I wish I had read it when I was in high school so that I could have made more focused decisions using my life purpose. This is also a book that I find helpful to revisit every so often to make sure I am heading in the right direction. I highly recommend it for everyone--especially those who feel a little bit lost and confused!
on July 10, 2013
You don't get much better than Rod Stryker. He walks the walk and talks the talk. Nothing fake about this one. This man is amazing and you could listen to him talk for days and not get tired. I believe it took him 4 years to write the book. It is so worth the wait. There is nothing more that most humans want than to just be happy. Rod Stryker puts you right on the road to happiness everytime you meditate with him, talk to him, or read anything he has anything to do with. My gratitude and appreciation to man for his undying loyalty to his students. Namaste
on July 26, 2013
This book has helped me through a time of transition in my life. It has forced me to ask a lot of questions and given me a framework in which to explore a clear path forward. I love all the exercises in the book that force you to do the work and not just read a book and think "Oh that's nice, maybe I'll try that someday". The mediation exercises have really helped bring meditation practice into my life in a really accessible way.
on April 19, 2016
This book balances life between ultra yogi and ultra materialistic. Finally an idea that we need to find balance between the two.
on July 17, 2016
Well worth the time if you're looking for tools that will help you create real change in your life. This book and the meditations are a resource I will continue to use. Buy and download the meditations; they are read by the author.