Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 21-30 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on March 7, 2011
Fast paced and action packed, this book has all the makings of a hit movie and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it on the big screen. Paul Stein is masterful at weaving elements of intrigue and suspence, and intellect and technology with basic human needs for a family unity. He builds his characters with depth and insight. You will either love or hate them, but you remember them. Bravo for this first book, I can't wait for the next - you get two thumbs up here!
on June 9, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I found the characters intriguing and believable. The subject matter of an anti-gravity machine especially intriguing and not so unbelievable and certainly a possibility in the near future. I thought the interaction of the family members were very life like and there were a couple of surprises at the end very interesting. I had a difficult time putting the book down. If you like science fiction mixed with mystery and action, you will love this book. Can't wait for the next one Mr. Stein writes.
on January 26, 2011
As I neared the end of the book I had to pace myself. I was torn between wanting to rush to the end and savor this great read. I started by savoring the read; but in the end, devoured the book to the finish. I could actually feel my own adrenaline rush as the final scenes played out; that is good writing and on a "freshman" attempt at that. I cannot wait to see what Paul Stein brings us next.
on March 22, 2011
I was impressed with the breadth of knowledge that Stein imparted through the telling of this story. While it is fiction, the plot was very believable because there were accurate elements throughout. It is easy for one to believe that it was very much fact-based. I await his next work.
on March 2, 2011
Although I am a voracious reader, I rarely write (or read) reviews. I know what I like and don't like and reviews from people I don't know don't change that. That said, I decided to review this book because, while the subject matter appears at first glance to be heavily scientific which is not my normal genre, the book is actually a very well-written thriller. I'm glad I gave it a chance on the suggestion of a friend. I don't want to give away any secrets, so I'll try to stay general. Yes, there's technical scientific information and theories in the book - but a layperson will find it so well written that you will actually be able to learn - rather than be put off by - the information that is beautifully woven into a story that will leave you on the edge of your seat, or if you are like me, up waaaaaay too late at night because you want to know what happens next! Exciting to the end, with well-developed characters and settings that put you right into the story. I was left wondering one thing - when's the next book coming out, Mr. Stein?
on January 4, 2014
I found this book to be sorta boring. I was really looking forward to an interesting read, but didn't find it here. I think the few pages of what I read were ok at best.
on October 22, 2016
Very well written. Compelling story. Gut busting page turner. Exciting. Could not put in down, had to know what would happen next. Fantastic read.
on August 8, 2012
Excellent theme and well written. Really enjoyed this book and the person that wrote this one. I would read more by this author.
on March 8, 2014
I highly recommend to read this book! This book has loads of action. I couldn't stop reading it. I will keep and read again.
on December 30, 2013
This book provided a good story line. too many tangents for my liking, other than that I would recommend the read.