Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on November 7, 2016
If you're a Giants fanatic then of course you have to have this. But if you're a little more sane then you can probably give this a pass. There are some entertaining moments, and some interesting insights into various players and the team as a whole. But there is also quite a bit of filler, and it dragged frequently. Maybe it would have been more interesting if the Giants had been hot that year and were clearly on their way to the World Series, but sadly they were not, and this TV series sputters out as if some network executive had pulled the plug without warning. Having watched it once, I can't imagine watching it again.
on March 11, 2012
A season with the San Francisco Giants. Even though the Giants didn't repeat as World Champs this DVD was a great winter time watch. For those of us who love baseball and need a winter time dose this was just right. This DVD showed the inter workings of the clubhouse, homes of some of the individual players. It also showed the players' and their families' thoughts about life in and out of baseball. This DVD showed the devastating injuries that befell the 2011 Giants and what the front office thought and how they tried to work through the adversity. I will give the DVD a thumbs up.
on October 28, 2015
Over-produced nonsense. And I'm a huge Giants fan. I just want the real story, not some hyped-up glossy pulp. Poor production decisions all around. Bad editing, narration, music, you name it, it's all bad. Avoid, and send these productions a message. We want substance, not gloss.
on February 28, 2015
The Franchise: A Season with the San Francisco Giants, exceeded my expectations. It gave insighst into the workings of a MLB team. There are places that are hilarious.Iif you like Brian Wilson this is a must. It focuses on the players and their interaction with each other. I've watched it several times and bought a copy for my grandson, a die hard Wilson fan. This is timeless and belongs in every fans DVD collection
on December 15, 2011
I watched this on Showtime this summer and it was EXCELLENT! I'm so glad it's finally available so I can delete it from my DVR. In the first hour, I both cried and laughed so hard I cried. Tip: don't stop or fast forward through the end credits of the first episode, Brian "The Beard" Wilson will have you rolling on the floor laughing. As funny as he is, I think Ryan Vogelsong's story is the best. Overall, I think this was a fascinating inside look at the Giants organization; a must have for any fan. Even the bandwagon ones like me. :)
on October 30, 2013
As a long time Giants fan I was looking forward to the series on Showtime.
When it aired I wasn't disappointed.
The series aired the season after the Giants won their first World Series since moving to SF.
I was eager to see how they would come back the following season.
Unfortunately, they didn't make the playoffs in 2011, but this DVD is worth the cost.
Highly recommended to any Giants fan..
on December 27, 2012
I'd seen bits & pieces of this series on TV. Finally decided to purchase the DVD to see it all. The in-depth look at who these players really are is great. Especially Brian Wilson & Barry Zito's stories. On the outside, Wilson is this crazy, eccentric guy, but the story of his father and why he salutes him & God after every close is heart wrenching. Also, Wilson's work ethic is inspiring.
on August 8, 2016
bought this as a gift for my daughter, I know she;ll love it.
on February 18, 2015
This was a great DVD. It goes behind the scenes of the Giants and gives you never before scene footage of the players. Its a great watch for any baseball fan out there
on February 21, 2014
Really wish they did this in '12 but still was super cool to see the players and behind the scenes. With roster changes and all that it would've been a tad more interesting had they waited a year. Albeit, buy it. Great production.