Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on March 16, 2017
This is by far my FAVORITE cookbook. The recipes do require some time and prep work but I like to prep ahead of time in the morning and throw everything together at dinnertime. The flavors Susie creates are wonderfully balanced and like nothing I would have come up with on my own. Several recipes will become staples in our home, we just have so many favorites - Spicy Noodle Hot Pot, Smoky Chipotle Black Bean Chili, Gemelli w/ Leeks, Spinach, and Mushrooms, Sizzling Veggie Fried Rice, Chile Rice, the polenta recipe - I mean, the list goes on and on! The instructions are so clear and specific that it would be difficult to mess up a recipe. As a vegetarian, most of the ingredients used in these recipes are things I would already be buying at the market but there are also a few new things every once in awhile to make it interesting. Another thing I really like about the recipes in this book is that you only need one recipe to make a meal for 2-4 people. Instead of finding a recipe for green beans and then another recipe for roasted tomatoes and then another recipe for an interesting sauce, you have everything already thought out for you in a couple of pages. FYI, the only thing I've found I have to adjust repeatedly in her recipes is the amount of ginger she uses. Susie must really like ginger, so, if you're like me, and don't love it as much as she does, cut it out completely or reduce the amount by about half (what I do). If you enjoy the process of cooking and creating a meal, I would highly recommend this cookbook!
on May 2, 2013
The recipes are delicious, easy if you can follow directions. In the print book, some sections are in light green. In the Kindle version, these are very hard to read. The recipes come through clearly, though. But the other parts are interesting and I'd like them to be easier to read. The recipes are certainly worth trying for anyone wanting to feed their family more veggies. Lots of variety, lots of categories (pastas, salads, soups, eggs, stews, pizzas!), so something for everyone. A good way to ease into vegetarianism, or just eat more vegetables.
on July 17, 2016
This is not a lot of green food, quite bit of fattening cheese and egg mixes. The most objectionable thing is that the print is so very small and odd colored that the recipes are very hard to read.
on July 23, 2012
This book does a great job of breaking down all the different ways to cook vegetables. I usually roast all my veggies, but I am now loving cooking them stove top with different herbs and spices. A great way to add vegetables to your life in a delicious and satisfying way.
on July 3, 2017
great recipes
on July 13, 2013
The Spicy, garlicky broccoli pasta is the first recipe I tried and it was delicious! There is a wonderful variety of recipes - something for everyone.
on March 13, 2014
Great cookbook for showcasing seasonal veggies. The tart dough recipe is THE BEST (so simple, yet so tasty). I have made the tarts exactly as the recipes are written, have also substituted other veggies/cheeses for what I have on hand (keeping the total weight/volume the same) with great success. The gratins are also delicious. Actually, everything in here is delicious! Instructions are clear and easy to follow. In contrast to the other cookbook by this author (which I also have and love), the recipes in here take longer but are worth the effort.
on May 27, 2013
Have only tried a few of the dishes, but the ones I did were really good. Gives you a lot of good ideas on how to change up your salads for different times of year and how to make them the main dish for any meal. I think most people who are trying to stay plant based or at least add more veggies to their diet would enjoy this book.
on November 7, 2014
These recipes are worth the effort -- and there is some effort involved, although none too complicated. They are really delicious.
on February 23, 2014
I've tried several recipes so far, and every one is outstanding! The author is so creative with complex flavor combinations, but the recipes are still simple. My favorite new cookbook!