Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2007 5:57:03 PM PDT
Best book I have ever read on Promotion. Carolyn shares all kinds of little secrets she has learned in her years of teaching, editing, writing and promoting books. I couldn't put it down until I had read every page and there are many inspiring informative pages to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2009 10:29:46 AM PDT
Hi, Maryanne, I too, thought her promotion ideas were great. I am a new author and as much as I want to be a good, successful author, many books I've read scar the ****out of me. Who can learn all that stuff? I guess this is why we need editors. Even though I have a creative voice, it has been like forty years since I've been in school learning about verbs and nouns. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. At least Carolyn talks to us and not above us. The only problem I had was with empty pages. It hurts my heart to see so many good papers waisted. Maybe, they could have been filled with pictures? Rules are rules and she had the creative license to follow them as far as she wanted. Sincerely, Joyce White
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 14, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Frugal Book Promoter: How To Do What Your Publisher Won't
The Frugal Book Promoter: How To Do What Your Publisher Won't by Carolyn Howard-Johnson (Paperback - July 16, 2004)
4.7 out of 5 stars (184)