Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on July 1, 2013
I love humor writing, especially in the form of short stories and essays. This book covers a great many writers in the genre and has some wonderful selections. Naturally, humor is a subjective art form, so what is funny to some isn't to others. Most of the stories I found to be very funny. Others had me scratching my head a bit - but I've seen those same selections in other anthologies, so perhaps you'll laugh at them more than I would. Regardless, I'm glad I have the book in my collection, and I'll definitely be reading them again and again. The book itself is very attractive. Great book jacket, nice binding, excellent paper quality and type. A good choice as a gift.
on January 20, 2015
Humor is highly subjective, so I didn’t expect to enjoy “every” story, but I did expect to like most. The Borowitz report hilarious IMHO. Unfortunately, the good ones were few and far between: E.g. Borowitz’s book intro, Mark Twain, Douglas Kenney and Henry Beard, The Onion, O’Henry. Most were ho-hum or downright annoying (Lenny Bruce).
on November 2, 2016
I gave this collection two stars instead of one to allow for the possibility that there is something humorous hiding between the book's covers. I didn't read everything. What I did read, though, simply did not strike me as funny. Disappointing.
on August 14, 2015
Good source book for funny material to steal.
on October 22, 2014
While I like Borowitz, I disagree with many of his selection. Many of writers he selected were not funny. I would name it 22 of 50 funniest American Writers.
on May 17, 2017
not so funny...kind of old-ish and outdated
on August 10, 2016
If you don't have a lot of time to read these are quick funny reads with good variety. I enjoyed!
on March 13, 2015
Appropriate title. I can believe that this book assembles work from the 50 funniest American writers. I do not believe that it assembles their funniest work.
on January 6, 2013
I had just signed up for Andy Borowitz's blog, and I was very excited to see he had also published a book. It's kind of like the blog: some just crack me up and some don't, but all in all it was a worthy investement.
on December 23, 2014
Got it for husband. Doesn't find it that funny.