Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on October 4, 2012
My son loves this book. You use a flashlight to shine though the cut outs on each page making shadows on the wall and ceiling. Wonderful to do at bedtime. We love all the author's books. He is so inventive. I also highly recommend "Press Here." Press Here. It's one of the most brilliant children's books I've seen.
on August 25, 2011
Our almost 2 year old child enjoys looking at the shadows on the ceiling. This book is sturdy,has different holes in the shape of stars, sun, flowers, fish, smiley faces. It does not have much text or a story, just a short sentence of a few words describing the picture on the page. So you have to use your imagination if you want the informative part:) Overall it's a great book, our kid enjoys holding the flashlight while mom/dad are turning pages. Then we both enjoy the shadow of stars,etc while lying on the bed:)
on June 2, 2017
Cool concept. No words really. Just shapes to shine a light through. Save $10 and get some heavy card stock. Cut out various shapes. Shine light through.
on January 14, 2012
This book seems like a great idea, but I found it pretty awkward. To get the pictures to show up well on the wall/ceiling, you need about 3 hands: one to hold the flashlight, one to hold the page you're trying to display, and one to hold the rest of the book out of the way so it doesn't block the images. My child is only 2, so maybe when she's a bit older, she can help a little more.
on February 27, 2017
Outstanding book!!! My two year old girl loves it so much!!!!!!! It is full of fun!!! Make our bedside story time sweeter, it is very inspiring!!! Must have book for ur child!!!
on October 2, 2016
All of Tullet's books are a wealth of imagination for kids and adults alike. Add a flashlight & a dark room or closet to this one and it entertains for hours.
on January 15, 2013
My only complaint of the Herve Tullet series is the books are too sparse! I want more pages. Haha... love the book, fun shapes cut into each page make fun patterns when you shine a flashlight through one side. This book had fun sentences to go with each page as well. A great gift with The Game in the Dark and a flashlight. The children in my life are so pleased with these books.
on August 3, 2012
My 22 mo. old daughter LOVES this book. You use a flashlight to project the cut-out images onto the ceiling or walls (stars, fish, flowers, boat on water, faces, etc). The morning after we first "read" this book with our daughter, she woke up pointing up at the ceiling "talking" about all the cool things she had seen up there. Ever since then, she will not let us end a day without reading the "star" book. A real winner!!!
on October 21, 2014
Very interesting book for preschoolers. It needs to be presented with a flashlight (they have mini ones for little hands) so they can shine it through the pages to see the designs on the ceiling.
on August 19, 2015
Such a unique and wonderful book! My 2 year old loves this. It makes a great gift (make sure to include a flashlight!)