Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on January 6, 2014
The Garmin Nuvi Pocket Guide is just what it appears to be. A "how to" book on getting more useful at using the already intuitive Nuvi GPS. Garmin created the Nuvi with a desire to meet the "Plug and Play" generations need for a "user friendly" GPS. This book takes many of the most used features of the unit and provides a "how to" for those users who need a step by step guide. For the more advanced users there are some interesting information, but this is mainly for the more entry level users.
on May 24, 2009
The Garmin nuvi paocket guide had some very useful hints for me that i could use on my new Garmin nuvi 775. I was telling my friends and coworkers that also have Garmin nuvis about all these little hints and tips that they didn't realize their nuvi could do. Also I refer back to it when ever I forget how to save a new POI (Point of Interest)for speed traps or find diffrent functions on the nuvi. A lot of things that are in there are also in the instruction manual online, but it is written a little better in this book. Worth the money.
on July 2, 2009
If I had the Garmin 700 and 800 series units, it would be a great book to have and I would have given it a 5-star. But, as one viewer wriote, not much for older units. Had some helpful insghts that I did not know and has helped some to get a little more out of my NUVI 660. I have gotten more from the internet than the book. Oh well, when I upgrade to the 700 or 800 series, I have the book. This is why a 3-star. Book is well written and has alot of insight on the hows and whats on usage and hints.
on January 30, 2010
This book helps the Nuvi owner get the most from his/her GPS device.Especially when you consider that the only instructions you receive with the unit is a "Quick Start" guide,requiring you to access the Garmin website,locate your model then open the PDF file and search for whatever you want to do with the unit. For me it makes life a whole lot easier to just go ahead and buy this pocket guide and have all the answers right at your finger tips.
on July 12, 2013
This little book came in real handy on our trip. I hadn't used my Garmin very much and this
little book made using it much easier.
on October 11, 2009
I keep this in my car all the time. It fits in the glove compartment, and has answered all the questions about the Garmin Nuvi that have come up as I am learning about the device. I would recommend it to anyone who likes written directions.
on June 19, 2009
THIS IS A GREAT BOOK. I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH A GPS. INFO SENT WITH THE GPS I PURCHASED WAS VERY LIMITED. THIS BOOK IS VERY INFORMATIVE. I
BOUGHT A SECOND ONE FOR A FRIEND. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on April 30, 2009
...unless you own all the bells and whistles on your model this is pretty useless. I wanted to know how to use my particular model, a 205, since I don't have an owner's manual but it hasn't done me any good except make me understand better what I don't have capability for.
A waste of my money. No info on specific models, just tooting the horns of the later and greater capability.
on October 14, 2009
This pocket guide is well worth the price. Gives step-by-step instructions with illustrations on how to make the Nuvi more user friendly.