Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 22, 2013
I went to school for the hard sciences, so when I saw this, I had to have it.

I'm used to cold boring instructions from college text books and lab exercise manuals, which we were somehow able to decipher to do our course work, but this book is an easy and fun read. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the degree of complexity of the projects is clearly labeled.

You don't have to be a science geek to do these projects.
12 people found this helpful
on May 25, 2015
Great, great, GREAT book for any child or adult that loves science! So many experiments that are easily done around the home. I am really looking forward to the adventures our son is going to have exploring science through these experiments :) A great buy and one I highly recommend for anyone with a love, or even just a curiosity about science.
2 people found this helpful
on May 20, 2018
Some good science oriented projects nothing really new
on March 4, 2014
My husband is happy to have this and started planning his summer projects now. Good way for the kids to bond with dad.
on December 29, 2016
Excellent book to make some projects with your kids. All projects are well explained, have the require time to complete and money to invest.
review imagereview image
on January 9, 2018
The person I gifted this too has claimed to really have enjoyed it.
on September 5, 2012
This is generally a pretty good book. Lots of cool and fun ideas.

However, a fair number of these projects require far more patience and time than my kids would put up with. Or me.

If you have bright kids with good listening skills and lots of patience, this is the book for you.

If you have kids that tend to get bored when things are not moving fast enough to keep them interested, like I do, you might want to stick to old fashioned sports.
13 people found this helpful
on December 13, 2012
This book was a gift to a truly "geek dad" who loved it. Now, let the experiments begin. His 6 year old son is also very excited about the prospect of becoming a "mad scientist" so, needless to say, the book was a huge hit!
3 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2012
My son has 6 children under 8 years old and is kind of a geek guy himself. I bought 3 of the Geek Dad books and they are perfect for him to interact with the kids with projects, etc.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 21, 2014
Schools aren't really teaching what I'd call science, at least where I live. After a few years of trying to follow the schools guidance on projects I thankfully found Ken's series of books. Not only are his projects great fun for the whole family, my kids are actually learning science.