|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
Genius Wireless Pen Mouse
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Innovative pen style design for cursor controlling
- 2.4GHz technology eliminates interference and saves power
- 1200 dpi optical sensor for smooth movement control
- Travel case for protection and storage
- Designed for either hand
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Global-store||Prestige Int'l||Diva Ltd.||ReDoT||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||—||—||Wireless, USB||Wireless, PS/2, USB||Wireless, USB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 2.0||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB 2.0|
|Item Dimensions||5.27 x 0.8 x 0.64 in||0.79 x 5.51 x 0.59 in||2.5 x 5.51 x 5.5 in||5 x 8 x 2 in||0.79 x 1.97 x 2.36 in||6 x 7.25 x 6 in|
|Item Weight||1 lb||1.02 ounces||0.55 lb||2.4 ounces||—||0.55 lb|
|Platform||Windows||Windows XP, Android, Windows Vista, Windows 2000 Server, Linux||Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows 7, Windows Vista Home Premium, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.1 Puma, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard||Windows XP, Android, Windows Vista, Linux||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Mac OS 9 and below||Windows|
Optical Pen Style Mouse. 2.4Ghz wireless, 1200dpi sensor, come with travel case
From the Manufacturer
Genius introduces the Pen Mouse, which gives you a brand new experience on cursor control for better handling and more comfort than a regular mouse. Pen Mouse is powered by 1200 dpi tracking technology and is switchable between 400 and 800 dpi. You can tilt it up to 85 degrees to provide a non-compromising surface advantage. It's ideal for presentations and for any time you need finer, more natural-feeling mouse control.
Plus with 2.4GHz technology, Pen Mouse gives you an efficient performance with reliable working smoothness at all times. For power saving, a smart auto-detection is added to put Pen Mouse into sleep mode when no action has been detected. Just press any button to start using it again. And the Flying scroll feature is the easiest way to fast web and document scrolling. Another advanced feature includes a plug-and-forget Pico receiver to prevent breakage when using a laptop or desktop. A travel case is included for protection.
2.4GHz Wireless Technology
The Pen Mouse's power-saving anti-interference Pico Receiver offers a plug-and-forget experience. The USB wireless receiver is tiny and low-profile to stay out of the way in your working environment.
Adjustable Optical Sensor
The high-resolution 1200 dpi sensor engine gives precise, accurate tracking for ease of use. The performance-enhanced optical engine works on almost any surface. The sensor engine is adjustable to 400/800 dpi for lower speed cursor movement when needed, so you can customize the Pen Mouse to your mousing style. The tracking is accurate enough to work on multiple surfaces for mousing versatility and mobility--it will even work on the palm of your hand.
Flying Scroll Feature
The Flying scroll feature lets you push a button on the Pen Mouse to scroll up, down, left, and right in the air--no surface contact needed.
Power Saving Sleep Mode
The smart power saving function starts a sleep mode function when not-in-use. Press any key to wake up the Pen Mouse and get back to work.
What's in the Box
Pen Mouse, Pico Receiver, CD for software installation, metal clip, two pen tips, travel case, mouse pad, one AAA alkaline battery, multi-language user's manual.
- Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Available USB Port
- CD/DVD-ROM drive for software installation
- Interface support: USB
- USB dongle: Pico Receiver
- RF frequency: 2.4GHz
- Number of buttons: 3
- Resolution (dpi): 1200 dpi optical engine, 400/800 dpi adjustable
- Battery: 1 x AAA battery
- Dimensions: 21 x 16.3 x 133 mm
- Weight: 17g (body only)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have now used this product for greater than 6 months and I am quite satisfied with the returns on investment. I have not had any strain-related pain after starting to use this product. As a tip to buyers, I would recommend you to get a pack of AAA alkaline batteries when you buy this mouse. I use this product for at least 6 hours a day every day and a single battery lasts little over a month. With a pack of batteries, you shouldn't bothered for a few months at the least.
This product is an example of a great idea with weak implementation. I base this review on usage as a mouse, not for drawing and other pen-input activities.
Good things first.
1. Nice feel when held. Not top heavy and comfortable to hold.Ergonomic.
2. Accurate function, even without any drivers installed.
3. Simple to use. Just plug in the receiver and you are good to go.
4. Selecting texts is precise (after a few tweaks for me. See below).
Not so good things.
1. For left click, you have to press the pen down since the button is at the tip. After some time of use, my hand became stiff due to constantly applying pressure.
2. Plasticky feel. Drop it on a hard floor and the thing will shatter into pieces.
3. The pen holder (pocket clip) is at the wrong location, interfering with using the mouse.
1. Remove the pen holder (pocket clip). The mouse feels a whole lot comfortable after that. To do this, open the battery cover and use a precision star screwdriver to remove the screw holding the pen-holder. As simple as that.
2. Enable Clicklock in Mouse settings. This makes it really easy to select in that you don't have to drag the pen-mouse around with its left-click button pressed. Clicklock works for scroll bar too.
3. Swap the left- and right-click buttons. Go to Mouse settings in Control Panel (Win 7) and check "Swap primary buttons" or some option like that. Now in a regular mouse, right-button will do left-click. In the pen-mouse, you can use the soft right-click button to do all your left-clicks and use the occasional pen press to do your right-clicks. This works great for me for long hours of use.
The mouse is great for use after I did the above tweaks. It comes with a nice mouse pad and a pouch. If the manufacturer improved the construction quality and doubled the price, I would buy again in a heartbeat.
And even with the present version, it is a great tool if you are suffering from repetitive strain injury or need a more intuitive way of cursor control.
1) Sometimes the mouse takes a long time to wake up. This can be anywhere up to 2-3 minutes. This is a daily problem.
2) About once a week, the mouse will randomly move the wrong direction. For example, if I move it right, the pointer goes left on the screen. This will happen for any direction I move the mouse. The only fix is to remove the batteries for 30 seconds.
3) It's a battery hog. Not much of a surprise there, but it deserved mentioning. I have to replace the battery every 3-4 weeks. In comparison, the guys I work with use a regular optical mouse and replace their batteries about every 2-3 years.
These issues have been consistent for the last 3 years. Genius hasn't come out with a new version of the mouse in this time, so rather than upgrading, the best option is to buy something else. I'd suggest the same for anyone else out there.
Precision of the mouse operations is very bad with this device, so for any graphical applications or handwriting it's definitely worse than using a regular mouse.
Before using this product, I used the Genius G-Pen 450 mouse pen that came with a tablet to write on. The GPen 450 had a 1024 bit sensitivity on the nib of the pen, allowing you to click with just a tap, and draw with varying thicknesses based on how hard you pushed. This product (genius optical pen) has a one-click tip which required a bit of pressure to achieve.
The two buttons on the front of the pen, accessible by your index finger, allow for right-click and hold-button-to-scroll. Great features, that the previous Genius product I had did not achieve.
I am using the product with Linux (Ubuntu 13.04), and it is a plug-and-play, no installation required. I am unable to change the DPI of the pen, but the standard DPI (800) is sufficient for every day word/excel.
It comes with a nice protective carrier case for the pen and wireless USB dongle, which is great for transporting the product in a bag.
For the price, I would highly recommend this product if it catches your eye.