Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on January 15, 2012
This novel takes place in Detroit and surrounding areas, but not the city some of us know. No, this is a world where ghosts are real and acknowledged as such; a world where two clumsy "magicians" performed a ritual which sucked them both into the Void and opened a portal to The Other Side. Now ghosts are just as commonplace as, say, automobiles and coffee; and what is worse, no one (almost no one) seems to remember that the world was once any other way. Imagine a reality in which businessmen consult the dead for planning advice!

An exciting, even riveting, novel, The Ghost Toucher had me turning pages as fast as my Kindle for PC would go. The humour AND the drama appear unexpectedly, catching the reader up with a "!" and then a satisfied sigh of recognition. I'm already eager to read more from author Gerald Rice, who proves to have that special touch. Whether I was laughing aloud or gasping in awe, I enjoyed every moment I spent with this novel and I am adding it to my list of must re-reads. This is truly a book I couldn't stop-while I was reading- nothing else distracted me, a rare event. I forgot where I was and what I was doing, I was so absorbed in the story. Each character is simply great, a treasure in herself or himself, alive or not' and the plot twists ripple throughout the story. Every moment spent with this book is a gem.
on March 22, 2011
Gerald Rice has crafted a fine tale-o-terror that delivers the scares with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

The Ghost Toucher is Men In Black for the paranormal world mixing an unlikely hero with a seasoned parapsychologist as the duo searches for the missing host of a popular ghost hunting show.

There are scares to be had and laughs abound as the story unwinds to a break-neck-speed finale that leaves the reader wanting more (Because he sets up the sequel immediately). Hopefully we wont have to wait long for Gerald's sure-to-please follow-up.
on July 23, 2012
This book brings you from one person to the other, and from one situation to the other way too quickly and briefly. I was jumping around so much that I couldn't keep most of the characters straight and many times I couldn't tell the good guys from the bad ones.
This author kept inventing new characters at will and jumping in full force with them, actually I should say that he would jump in full force and then drop them until a later time (sometimes) after we'd all but forgotten about that character's traits and personal story. I continued reading my kindle version up to 75% and then I just had to give up as I had lost total interest.
on December 6, 2010
I have just purchased The Ghost Toucher and I can't wait to read it. I have read the short story collection by Gerald Rice, titled Goner. If you're a fan of grab you where you sit horror, then anything Rice has written is for you.