Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on January 7, 2010
The Gift in You, by Dr. Caroline Leaf it one of the most important and significant books on brain structure, brain functions and the connection between our brain and our gifts and calling in life. Dr. Leaf clearly and scienficially proves the 7 pilliars upon which intelligence is built upon and provides massive hope to a world full of people who consider themselves insignificant, stupid and worthless. As a doctor of industrial organizational psychology, clinical psychology, theology and marketing I will definitely use and promote this Biblically verifiable research and data with my students and clients. If you are serious about understanding exactly what your gift and purpose in life is and if you want to clearly see the mechanics of the process, then purchase The Gift in You, by Dr. Caroline Leaf.

Martin W. Oliver II, Ph.D.
Meridian, Mississippi
11 comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2010
"It's true, we all think and see the world differently. We have 7 layers of thinking: interpersonal, intrapersonal, visual/spatial, music. math/logic, tactile, and linguistic.

Each one of us starts with a dominant layer and then uses the other layers in their own sequential order. Paradoxically, by practicing on our favorite and dominant thinking layer will increase the performance of the weaker layers.

It's wonderful to know we are all unique and appreciate the differences in one another.

This book can be especially helpful to students and adults to understand the right career path. For example, if your dominant thinking is interpersonal (people person)and your least dominant is math/logic, then the last thing you want to pursue is engineering. By doing what we love and comes easy to us, will naturally lead us to a happier life style.

Take the 210 questionnaire to determine your strengths and know the gift within yourself."
22 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2010
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind! The Apostle Paul's words come alive in this fascinating book by Dr. Caroline Leaf. She shares her expertise on neuroscience with warmth and relevance and explains the realities of renewing your mind. After reading her book you will better understand what occurs in the mind when we take every thought captive and bring it into obedience with Christ. She also explains the seven pillars of wisdom in our brains and how the sequence of their activation forms our individuality, or gifts - and that created by God!

This book includes 7 lists of questions which are designed to help you identify the dominant areas of your brain. Stimulating the dominant areas of the brain enhances the ability of the weaker ones. So... that's why I like listening to jazz or classical music especially when I need to organize. (The creatively abstract and happy sounds of Swing Jazz from the 1930's help me the most.) Similarly, that's the reason I turn down the volume in the car so I can "think" to drive when redundant music is playing. You are unique and you will find your own hidden gifts. The information in this book gives you the mental tools to become a better you.
on May 28, 2016
I believe everyone has a special gift in them.. In my opinion we are all created in the Image of God - Who is so outstanding - Dr. Caroline Leaf is so intelligent - yet - she explains things that is so easy to understand. I have a brain injury and have benefited from studying Dr. Leaf's material. I am so impressed with her attitude and care for the brain. She's also on ITBN.org. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to learn about their brain and its abilities. Jesus' Blessings and Peace
on August 13, 2014
Book is based on the theory that thoughts modify physical brain structures rather than the reverse (brain structures modify thoughts). The inventory (self-assessment) in the book appears to have been based upon the same theory as presented in an earlier book by a different author, Seven Kinds of Smart, while utilizing language and analyses from a more scientific, neurological perspective.
on June 21, 2013
I find myself quoting this book over and over again.
The test she includes is so revealing and helpful. I have used her information and tests in classes and in personal counseling and for fun. I highly recommend this book to everyone looking for root causes of besetting illnesses that you can't seem to kick.
This is a great marriage of science and faith to bring wholeness to your body, mind and spirit.
on March 2, 2010
Working with children and students is often frustrating when they don't achieve what I know is possible. As I read the pages of The Gift in You: ... by Dr. Caroline Leaf I could see where simple questions and observations on my part, could reveal to me what I could do differently with each student to bring out his/her unique gifts. The brain research Dr. Leaf quotes and references is extremely helpful which I intend to use to do my own research. Anyone who works with students - young or old - can benefit from Dr. Leaf's insight into the science of thought especially if you hold a Biblical worldview. I have several colleagues who would also enjoy this information.
on August 6, 2016
I first was originally introduced to Dr. Leaf via some videos on one of my ROKU religious channels. Some of her insights seemed interesting and I purchased this book. I was a bit disappointed with the book's 210 question Gift Profile and the subsequent action items in how to use your gift as they weren't of as much value as I hoped. I found the Gift Profile similar to an interest test I remember taking just out of high school many years ago. It basically pairs your interests to certain professions and possible fulfilling activities. Her explanations about differences in thinking and processing involved in your personal intellect was an interesting adjunct to simple activity preferences, however. The book does emphasize Christian principles, which is good, and basically supports the idea that God wants us to become all that we can be and to utilize our individual "gifts" given to us. Perhaps it's because I'm now 68 and have already become pretty familiar with my own gifts and abilities just working through life's experiences that I didn't really see much in the way of new information. If I was just starting out in life again this would be a very helpful guide to develop my abilities. This book along with a good bible could do amazing things for you.
on February 14, 2010
I'm so glad I purchased this book! The author is incredibly knowledgeable about how we think; she outlines "The Seven Pillars of Thought" in this book. The insights in the book helped me solidify what I have really always known about me. Which has then given me motivation to redirect my work life to a path that's more suited to how I'm already 'wired.' This would be a valuable tool for anyone. I've mentioned it to a couple of friends and co-workers; one of whom is a therapist, and they would both love to read it. I highly recommend it!
on April 1, 2016
I absolutely love this book. It gave me a lot of insight about my own brain function, and how to do my best to understand other people, and why they do the things they do. It includes a great test to help you figure out your own personal gift inside.