Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on January 21, 2014
This book is like having a conversation with your best friend about parenting and relating to her/him completely!

This book is NOT a "how to" book and doesn't preach any methods or try to sell a new parenting fad. Brene talks about a handful of subjects associated with raising children and then draws on her personal experiences and scientific research to teach how we can recognize and respond to the emotional development and needs of our children. She is amazing because she shares her and her family's personal stories that any parent can relate to; the book never feels as though she is talking down or telling you how to be a 'better' parent. Brene has a unique and rare ability to teach a reader/listener tools by sharing her experiences and subsequent analysis of her own parenting experiences.

I preordered this book and it was well worth the wait! I've now recommended this 'book' to all of my friends. I'm a little bias, as a I am a huge Brene Brown fan. The format of this book is in 'sessions' which really helps to conceptualize each of the topics. I chose the audio book format so that I could listen to it with my husband. Listening together had benefits I never considered, as we were able to listen to it together (in the car) and pause the book to make comments and have discussions at the end of each segment while things were fresh in our minds. Brene is the narrator (many people complain when there are others narrator her other books), she is very easy to listen to.
on February 9, 2017
I have all of Brene's books and will read them all many times. It's wonderful to have her stories in the car. I feel like the repetition is helping things sink in. This makes me want audiobooks for all her works. So good.
on May 6, 2017
This book on CD has helped me start parenting in the Whole Hearted approach and I can already see a difference in my children and our household. I will listen to this over and over again when I need inspiration, Brene Brown is wonderful and I want to read all of her books! If you are looking for a new approach to parenting that will make you and your children feel complete, this is the place to start!
on April 5, 2017
It's the book on CD. Didn't pay attention to details, but still happy with it!
on June 7, 2017
I love the author and is great to listen during my long drives. I've listen to it more than twice and passed it around my family.
on November 22, 2015
I adore Brene Brown!!!! After listening to this CD, she has become that little voice in my head reminding me that I don't have to be perfect to be the perfect parent. The information shared is not only relevant to parenting but also other aspects of our lives. I recommend anything by Brene Brown!
on April 13, 2014
This work of Brene' affirms the positive we are already doing as parents and gently nudges us to wake up and make some changes in other areas. A must read for all parents...new born to empty nester!
on September 3, 2014
I really enjoy this series. I have listened to it over and over, on my car ride to work and still learn different things.
I have shared it with the grandparents as well, so we are all on the same page. I love that Brene using so much research to prove her points. It is not just her opinion, but she has the research to back her up. Excellent!
on August 21, 2015
I play The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting CDs in my car and now after several listens I am still picking up more information on ways to keep building healthier and stronger relationships with my kids (and spouse!). Brene's examples and easy way of conversation make it enjoyable to listen and learn. Love them!
on January 29, 2017
The sessions on these CDs were very helpful. I want to listen to them again to try and get as much as I can out of them! So much great information for people with kids, but also anyone.