Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,942 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,899 reviews
Whenever I am invited to a baby shower, this is always a gift from my husband & myself. I have even chose this book as a house warming gift.
Like movies, books of all kinds are very personal. What I mean is everyones perception of what they are viewing , in this case reading are very different.
All that I can honestly say about this book, what some people say is "controversial" is it ;
touches on feelings
teaches about selfishness
teaches about selflessness
teaches about caring
teaches about giving
this book really tugs at all the emotions everyone goes through one time or another. Or even all at once.
It has turned into a discussion book for all my grandkids. Through your own eyes, minds & hearts is how each person feels & experiences when they read this book, or has it read to them.
The book is a hardback & comes with a cover resembling the cover of the book. There are only 30 pages to these book. The illustrations are clean & simple black drawings on crisp white pages. These pages aren't numbered, just clean illustrations.
I hope this review helped.
I keep my copy in our livingroom, it's there always.
đź“–THANKS FOR READING, BYEđź“š
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 18, 2017
This has been a great book for my 3 yr old great-grandson. He remembered a lot of the story after just one time thru the book. He always wants to read the book to himself, what a great book!
on April 30, 2017
Read it to my kids at bed time, and it's a beautiful book that teaches them not to be selfish, but in an easy to understand manner. I loved this book when I was a kid.
on September 5, 2017
It is beginning to become a generation to generation favorite; adult children are now buying it for their children. It's a simple message and a great lesson the stays with you as an adult!
on March 10, 2017
I purchased this book to add to our homeschool library. My daughter and I read it frequently. Such a wonderful story, it makes me tear up each time I read it. Great addition to anyone's library!
on March 23, 2017
I remember loving this book as a kid, now as a parent as I read this I realize how selfish men are LOL
on May 10, 2017
I think every child should at an early age have it read to them and read it throughout one's life.
on June 7, 2017
Best book ever ... I have been giving this as a baby gift for 40 years! Some new parents still have the copy I gave to them 25 years ago, when THEY were born!
on April 19, 2017
One of my all time favorite books. My grandmother gave this book to me as a child and I have not purchased it for my own child. It really contains a special message!
on May 30, 2017
Beautiful story by a genius tale spinner, cartoonist, and song writer. Read it to your children and their children, and remember it into old age. (Only complaint: it's an expensive Kindle buy.)