Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 986 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,225 reviews
on July 4, 2015
I absolutely love this book because it made me feel like I was not alone in thinking this exact same way! In life, especially as people move past the will to treat people as human beings, and on to entering into career success or entrepreneurship with their agendas; there is a tendency to hurry up and do everything without staying true to self or granting self the power affiliated with having a plan with a willingness to deviate. This book made my heart happy because it relays so many of the principles taught about honoring self and others, and kicks it up to make those who may have forgotten these philosophies see the value in them. I have bought this book three times now, because of wanting some of some truly great students served by Love In Abundance, Inc. to remember them and the philosophies attached. I will continue to direct our students to keep this book as a mode of excelling in life, while maintaining their humanity.
on March 10, 2013
I get it. If something is complicated and complex, then it must have value. Except that is not generally the case. Simple truths carry the most power, are far reaching and have the greatest impact. Simple stories that teach are valuable in that they are easy to remember, to recreate in your mind and then hang the lessons on the appropriate parts of the story. This is the value of Bob Burg's and John David Mann's "The Go-Giver".

Full disclosure here. I am a coach and speaker with the John Maxwell Team, and as such, I am frequently recommending one of John's 73 books. However, "The Go-Giver" is the book that I recommend most to clients, associates and friends, often giving it as a gift, because it embodies the foundational thoughts behind the cutting edge of business in today's market place. (see Daniel Pink's excellent new book "To Sell Is Human" To Sell Is Human) A simply told story constructed around powerful truths makes a dynamic case.

Some might argue that these "truths" are pie in the sky and while they sound nice, they just don't work in the real world of business. Tell that to Zappos, Caribou Coffee, Apple, Costco Wholesale and a slew of successful companies that operate on principles just like these.

THE FIVE LAWS OF STRATOSPHERIC SUCCESS
The Law of Value
Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.

The Law of Compensation
Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how you serve them.

The Law of Influence
Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place others people's interests first.
givers attract, they're magnetic

The Law of Authenticity
The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
Authenticity - it's who you are.

The Law of Receptivity
The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.

GOLDEN RULE OF BUSINESS: All things being equal - people will do business with and refer business to those people they know, like and trust.

Also check out Bob Burg's and John David Mann's follow up book "It's Not About You". It's Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business

Give me a simple story any day - it's the one I'll remember!
on September 17, 2017
This is an insightful, cute and funny story that should be a must-read for anyone who is interesting in building or running their own business.

As someone who has made a living as an entrepeneur for the last decade, I took several valuable lessons from this book. It has since become one of the books I recommend any of my clients or colleagues who want to improve their knowledge and understanding of business, and I've gotten great feedback from freshly minted entrepeneurs as well as industry veterans alike.

Highly recommended.
on September 23, 2016
We live in a world where that a leader that is aggressive, fearless and energetic is the best. Maximizing profits is the most important thing . In Simple words to win is the ultimate goal no matter how many lives are affected. the question I ask myself is, in this reality where are the values or the universal principles that have allowed the coexistence of human beings.? And by values or universal principles I am referring to compassion, kindness, patience, respect, sharing, justice,faith, among other. Certainly at least from my point of view values ​​are the foundation upon which you can build not just a company but a whole world. who could think that "the more we give is actually the more we receive. .. But it is true I am a living witness that that rule is true.

But an intriguing question this book brought to me is if I am prepared to receive and if am I aware that I am receiving all the time?

By means of a simple novel this book breaks down the truth about how important it is to give the best of ourselves even if that is not enough to others.
I really consider that this book by far transcends the realm of business ,its message is powerful and applicable to life it self. As it is attributed to be a prayer that was written in one of the walls of the house where Mother Teresa in Calcuta: " give the world the best you have and it might never be enough, give the world the best you have anyway. In the final analysis it was never between you and them, it was always between you and God anyway "
on March 6, 2015
The was just what I needed. Was not like most other books on success, more in line with the one minute manager and other great story telling teachers that have helped so many of us reframe and redirect our lives. The concepts are presented through a series of encounters with believable characters that share a life lesson that can be immediately tried out by the reader because in a way, the writer shows that small steps in the right direction will lead to greater deeds later on. All I can say is you have to read it then share it with someone then hold each other accountable to try each concept on for size for just one week. I am looking for that person I can share it with now and I'll try to share an update.
on March 25, 2017
I've never read a book that had an impact on me like this book did. I can genuinely feel how much the author of the book cares about the reader as I'm reading.

This book has changed the way I think about business and life. I've learn a ton about business and why I'm not seeing the success I'm looking for.

Highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to live a happier and more fulfilled life.
on January 23, 2015
I heard about this book on TV after an interview with one of the writers on Glenn Beck's program and it pegged my curiosity. I read the entire book in less that 8 hours and boy was it worth it. The book made me stop and think about how my 3 year old gives me love all the time and doesn't expect anything in return. Just this morning I was leaving the house and I was already In the car when my wife called me and said our son wanted to give me hugs and kisses before I left. He wanted to give me something way more valuable than money. After I received those precious hugs and kisses I couldn't stop thinking about him all day. Adults have so much to learn from their children and the power of giving without expecting a return on the gift. The book is a quick read and the value it provides will not only change the way I treat my family, but the way I treat everyone in my life.
on April 5, 2016
 I really loved this book! Adam Grant called this book "The Most Important Parable about Business of our Time" and I think he might be right. It's so simple to read and really enjoyable. I loved reading through the book and finished it in two days. I also bought several companies for colleagues and friends.
on October 31, 2015
I love this book.

I recently wrote a post titled, My Philosophy on Why We’re Here (http://bit.ly/1Mikuc4).

In it, I concluded, “I believe we are here to become all we are capable of becoming with the gifts we are given so that we are able to give to others, lift them, and help them become all they are capable of becoming with the gifts they are given.”

The Go-Giver has made me rethink my philosophy just a bit.

Bob Burg and John David Mann teach a very powerful life lesson using simple language and thought-provoking story telling. They demonstrate that only through giving can we become all we’re capable of being.

One of my favorite lines illustrates this point: “Giving is not a debt we owe but, instead, it is a seed we sow.”

After reading this wonderful book, I’d re-write my philosophy this way.

I believe we are here to give to others, lift them, and help them become all they are capable of becoming with the gifts they are given. Giving ourselves in service to others helps us discover our personal gifts and become all we are capable of becoming.

The subtitle of the book could be changed from "A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea" to "A Little Story About a Powerful Life Idea".

Matt Gersper
Founder, Happy Living
www.happyliving.com
on April 7, 2014
If you're looking for a how-to do/have/get guide to skyrocketing your business success this isn't it.

I consider this to be an essential guide for entrepreneurs, salespeople, leaders, parents, spouses, etc.

The wisdom within is simple and often counter-intuitive, and it strikes a chord. Becoming a go-giver is about bringing our humanity into our business relationships. It requires us to let go of the armor, pretense and professional masks that we so often cling to as we claw our way up the ladder of success.

You can read this book in an evening. But it could take you a lifetime to master the wisdom within. And here's why: (And in my opinion, this is the most understated wisdom in the book.)

As you navigate the three phases of a meaningful life: survival, success, and service, (the authors refer to this as the three universal reasons for working: survive, save and service), the only way to be truly successful is to stay focused on service.

However, the majority of people spend a lifetime in survival mode. Even after achieving outward success, internally they still grapple with fear and deficiency-thinking. And for this reason few people ever reach the level of self-actualization that is symbolized in the Five Laws of Stratospheric Success.

In order to live a life of service, we have to overcome the deficiency-mindset that is pervasive in our culture and come to know ourselves once again as whole, abundant, loving, worthy and resourceful beings. The Go-Giver provides a practical, behavioral approach to getting there.