BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 25, 2012
This is hands' down the best book i have ever read on the topic of navigating tremendous personal pain and the healing-grief that follows. Her story is terribly personal and heart breaking. One can feel the tremendous love conveyed from the husband/wife relationship: that in itself was so very inspiring.... so rare to find these days. Dee speaks with tremendous respect and gut-wrenching honesty. Her ability to take such a personal sadness and write about it, in order to show others experiencing the same how the Holy Spirit met her in her in this dark place of pain is like a soothing ointment on a hemorrhaging heart. She outlines how saturating her soul and mind with the old hymns and Psalms spoke Truth into her hurts. I walked away from reading this feeling as if i had been let in on something Holy. We have bought copies of this book for many that are dear to us. This is an wonderful reference for medical professionals as those that deal with the sensitive topic of death on a regular basis. Thank you, Dee, for being so real and transparent, as always.
on May 25, 2013
Ephesians 5:19 "addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart".

These are the means that God has used to draw me close during this time of losing my own dear husband to colon cancer. Dee, in this book, as she shares her own story, has pointed me to the cross and the God of all comfort. I am grieving, but not as one without hope. I wanted to be that "affectionate elderly couple walking arm in arm", especially in our beloved Door County where we vacation every summer, but it is not to be. It helps me to focus on my "future hope" and that this life is not the end. Thank you, Dee, for helping me to see more clearly The God of all Comfort.
on October 10, 2015
I was very much helped by her experiences of the Lord. She was very open about how the Lord took her through the difficult times by the Word. She related how the Old Testament saints and psalmists went through the same kind of sufferings because God loved them and wanted them to come into a deeper knowledge of Him and and a deeper love for Him. God loves us very much.
on October 12, 2009
Looking to grow closer to God for a number of specific reasons. This woman's heartfelt account of the days and years following the tragic loss of the love of her life was tender and gentle. Very uplifting - yet left me drained at times and wet with with tears. The references to the psalms were exceptionally helpful.

Overall, a wonderful read for anyone looking to find a way closer to God, especially after the untimely loss of a loved one.
on May 24, 2013
This was one of the best books I've read in my search to find the comfort of God after losing my husband. It will show you that we all have the same feelings, thoughts, fears, etc. There was soooo much in this book that could have been my own words. I cried a river while reading it, but found it to be extremely helpful.
on September 29, 2009
This book is such a blessing! I have been using it as a study and have been soaking it up! It really has helped me to see how much I've relied on myself and things of this world rather than my faith and the comfort found in the truths of the Word of God. Dee has shared her immense grief, walking the reader through that process and in doing so has shown God's presence every step of the way.
on November 27, 2016
very comforting Biblical comfort book, if you have lost a dear one.
on September 21, 2012
Excellent book, well written. I am doing the Bible study taken from this book, so having the "full story" has been important and helpful. Having the book on my kindle is even better.
on July 6, 2010
This is an excellent book. I am enjoying going through it with a group of friends. It speaks to the heart, and shares real life experience.
on June 17, 2013
This is an excellent book, the author is very transparent as to what she went through. Any reader will find great insight in the book.