Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 18, 2012
my granddaughter and i both love this book. i tell all my friends who have grandchildren or soon will that they must get this. my granddaughter was always read to at bedtime - that meant the lights were on. I read the reviews on this and thought i would try it. the music and the voice are so soothing, plus we can read with the lights off, much easier to get her to go to sleep. she loves all of the activity as well. my granddaughter is just learning to read and the ability for her to touch a word and have it said back seems to be encouraging her to try to read the book herself - what a great feature!
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on August 19, 2012
creators of Boynton books...great job on a fantastic app! I read this story to my daughter tonight and was immediately struck with the many clever surprises hidden in each interactive opportunity in the book. my daughter and I were belly laughing at the animals swinging and the bathroom hooks. I mean, only a kid can appreciate that ingenious mischief. well, once the story was over, I was left wanting more and so was my daughter. of course we looked for another boynton book! my daughter showed her first interest in each word spoken by the narrator because each word is highlighted as it is spoken. she immediately put her finger to follow the words. what an accomplishment because we use many interactive book apps but kids get lost in the myriad of interactions which do not tie to the storyline. we thoroughly enjoyed the raspy friedly voice of the narrator. my only wish is that you continue to. make more books of this quality. we are now avid Boynton fans! thanks for the great work on this!
on August 9, 2012
I have to say that my kids loved this book. It's not something that you would put on your summer reading list or anything because it is a very simple story. However, this is the most interactive book I have purchased to date. Some books allow you to click on the screen and a word of what you click on appears. Pretty cool. Yet, I have read this book through several times and the first 4 or 5 times I kept discovering things that I missed the previous times (like how you can repeatedly press the bottom drawer on one page and suddenly all the clothes bust out and bounce around the screen).

My kids are 4 and 7, boy and girl respectively, and obviously the younger one really enjoys this more, but I would say a good range for this book is infant to 6-7 years old probably. Great for bedtime as well...as the book title suggests.
on August 1, 2012
I purchased this app for my 2 year old son, he loves all the books like this on my transformer. However I bought it while at work and didn't try it until the next day when we were sitting on the couch together. It does not work, I get to the menu and can start the book but the first page doesn't show, the screen flickers until I exit with the home button.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on January 18, 2012
This is a good book, well written, lovely illustrations, interesting interactions. However, it seems obvious that this was designed for a 10" tablet, (as in ipad,) and was then just converted for android. Because of the way the page layout is formatted, space is wasted around the circumfrance of each page, the illustrations are a little too small and squeezed together. The book contains a feature embedded in the "read it myself" option that reads a word aloud when the text is highlighted, presumably to assist children when they are reading alome and stumble on an unfamiliar word. It's a nice feature, but there is no wah to turn it off, amd my daughter often accidentaly hits words in the text while I am reading her the story.

With the new Nook and Kindle Fire on the scene, publishers will hopefully begin formatting these types of children's books with the smaller format in mind. Unroll then, we are the guinea pigs.

All in all, I would recommend this book for parents of children who are already on their way to independant reading, but not for parents looking for an interactive book to read to a small toddler.
2 helpful votes
on August 28, 2015
My kids LOVE this app. It's better than the cardboard book, because you can really interact with every page of the "book". I have to have my girls take turns, because they both want to play with every page at the same time, but other than that, no complaints, it's a fun little kids book, but on your tablet. :-D
on January 5, 2013
My grandchildren have loved this book, which I purchased months ago. Today when they wanted to read it, we were directed that they had to be signed onto Amazon. Why this change, when I purchased this app? What a nuisance! The app itself rates 5 stars. The inconvenience rates 2.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on March 6, 2013
I bought this book and another so my children can enjoy them. I like the story and the content. My kids love the interactive feature, but.... The problem is, they need internet access to verify the license. This has to be the most absurd thing. I specifically turn off the wireless on my device so my kids cant accidentally get to the internet or purchase things from the stores because my store account has my credit card info in it and it's just "1-click" away and easy to purchase or accidentally touch an "Ad" on some free games/apps. Even when we travel and I want to keep my kids occupied with a book while in the car. I know I cannot be the only one going through this. Because of this, I rate the book 1 star. I essentially cant use it without the annoying check-in. It would be useful if I was able to use it in "offline" mode.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 15, 2012
This is a fantastic app. My son and I love the story, the clever actions, the calm voice, and the animals. Excellent app.
on December 17, 2012
This is a great book for kids who are learning cause & effect and are naturally curious. He loves the interaction of the various pages and he finds something new that moves, makes noise, etc. It is an average length for a children's book page-wise but there are so many actions on each page that my son can stay captivated for much longer than I would have ever anticipated.