Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,627 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,161 reviews
on December 13, 2015
me and my little man love this book. This is his new favorite book,he loves me to read this book over and over again before going to sleep. I love this book coz it tells the things that you need to do before going to bed, such as cleaning yourself, brushing your teeth and etc. it is very helpful in conditioning the kids mind to always do these stuffs before going to bed. It is also a picture book that your kid will enjoy to look at, it has different animal characters. The pages are hardbounded which is very important because toddler sometimes loves to rip pages. And the best part that I love from this book is the last part saying goodnight,that help me bring my little man to go to sleep.. This is very helpful for us mommies,I'm recommending this book for your little ones and for you.
review image review image review image
on December 2, 2015
This book is really cute and fun. The illustrations are adorable, and my son wants to read it almost every time I put him to bed. The story takes the reader through the silly bedtime routines of the animals on a boat (Noah's?), and ends with them sleeping peacefully. It is one of my favorites to read to him because it is not as boring and stuffy as most children's books. It has a nice calming rhythm. The book itself is fairly sturdy, and holds up like you would expect most board books to hold up. It has had much use at our house, and doesn't look too much worse for wear.
on September 1, 2011
I have a 2-year-old son and I got this book for him when he was about a year old. Since then we have read it every single night before going to bed and he never tires of it! It is a cute story about getting ready for bed, and as all of Sandra Boynton's books, it has a good sing-song type of rhythm which keeps younger children attentive. As my son has gotten older he has memorized the book, and while I can't get him to actually "read" the book to me, he finishes the sentences on every page and gets mad if I finish the sentence without letting him. We've had to start doing this with all of Boynton's books that he has memorized. He loves his Boynton books the most out of all of his books!
on February 8, 2017
As a kid, I was a pretty avid book reader but have never heard of this book. I always read Goodnight Moon but for the life of me I can't remember any words besides "Goodnight Moon". So, after reading the reviews and noticing that people can recite this book without even needing to see it and it helps with a night routine I thought I'd give it a try. Now, my daughter is only 4 months old so she won't be going up and down stairs, exercising and brushing her teeth any time soon but she does love when I read this book to her. It's short, only 14 pages. And I bought the board book. Board books are small but the pages last much longer than hardcover or paperback in my opinion unless they're chewed on but then...no book would last that. Dimensions are 5.8 by 5.8 inches and less than an inch thick. I adore that it's not a long book so my babe can sit through it and it also gives me the opportunity to act out things which she loves.

The recommended age starts at 2 and I think it's the perfect night time book! It's easy to read, no word jumbling, easy to recite if you don't have it on hand and overall a really nice book! The illustrations are nice and bright even though it's a night book and there's one page that's "dark" the text is still bright. I love this and more importantly my baby loves it too!
review image review image review image
on March 3, 2017
Our grandson immediately fell in love with this book and wants us to read it to him regularly. It has been easier getting him to go to bed since we started reading it to him. I recommend this book and seller.
on September 2, 2014
About this book:
It's really cute and simple, the characters have expressive faces, and the easy sentence structures rhyme with a cadence that is fun for small children. I read this book to my son (he is almost four) and to my delight two nights later he asked if he could read it to me (he can't read). He read every page except one back to me from memory. It was the most adorable moment in life.
on March 27, 2014
We love Sandra Boynton books!! Her books look the most worn out because they are read over and over.

Pros:
1. Fun illustrations, bright characters and pages.
2. Story keeps the attention of my 1 year old.
3. Board book holds up to the wear and tear of my little one.
4. Fun to point out all the animals

Cons:
None!

What I like most about this and the rest of her books is that it teaches my little one how to sit through a story. If there are too many pages or words, my little one gets bored and wants a different book that keeps her interest. These books hold her attention for the right amount of time and sure enough she wants it read to her again.
on June 23, 2016
This is such a sweet, gentle story that you'll love reading over and over again. I love Sandra Boynton's illustrations and stories. It always cracks me up, in this one, where the pig hides under the stairs so he doesn't have to take a bath. Sandra Boynton entertains kids so well AND the parents! It is so important to your kids to interact with them while you read. I have memories that will last me a lifetime of my dad doing that when I was a child. Very fond memories that make me fall in love and get excited about reading all over again. If you can create the same experience for your kids, you will continue to pass the torch of enjoyable reading. Love it!
on December 22, 2016
I purchased this book due to the high reviews to read to my 9 month old and I was very disappointed with it... the story doesn't make sense at all, the book is way too short, and it's smaller than expected. I would not recommend!
on February 17, 2017
Any Sandra Boyton book is great! My 33 year old daughter loved these books as a child, and now I am getting them for ber little baby coming soon. Tge illustrations and fun nature of the books are delightful!