Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

The Going-To-Bed Book
Format: Board book|Change

on December 13, 2015
me and my little man love this book. This is his new favorite book,he loves me to read this book over and over again before going to sleep. I love this book coz it tells the things that you need to do before going to bed, such as cleaning yourself, brushing your teeth and etc. it is very helpful in conditioning the kids mind to always do these stuffs before going to bed. It is also a picture book that your kid will enjoy to look at, it has different animal characters. The pages are hardbounded which is very important because toddler sometimes loves to rip pages. And the best part that I love from this book is the last part saying goodnight,that help me bring my little man to go to sleep.. This is very helpful for us mommies,I'm recommending this book for your little ones and for you.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My 17 month old absolutely adores this book. We read this book every night before bed (multiple times). She enjoys seeing illustrations of what she was just doing herself (such as taking a bath, brushing teeth). This book has very catchy rhymes and great illustrations. I can recite it without looking at the pages which allows me to easily throw in some baby sign-language as we read.

The small size (5.5") is easy for my daughter to handle herself and this book always manages to keep her engaged.

I highly recommend you add this to your baby's library collection.
on March 27, 2014
We love Sandra Boynton books!! Her books look the most worn out because they are read over and over.

Pros:
1. Fun illustrations, bright characters and pages.
2. Story keeps the attention of my 1 year old.
3. Board book holds up to the wear and tear of my little one.
4. Fun to point out all the animals

Cons:
None!

What I like most about this and the rest of her books is that it teaches my little one how to sit through a story. If there are too many pages or words, my little one gets bored and wants a different book that keeps her interest. These books hold her attention for the right amount of time and sure enough she wants it read to her again.
on January 25, 2018
My 8 month old baby loves this book. When we fusses and turns when we try to change him in the evening, we simply take out the book and start flipping through the pages and reading it. It always calms him down. Not sure why but this is hands down his favorite book and his interest in it does not seem to diminish. It's pretty easy to memorize for parents and generally a very cute story except.... the characters go to exercise AFTER they have taken their baths! Who does that? haha. but i let that slide because the book works miracles in calming my baby down.
on October 28, 2015
This book is cute. It's short but sweet. The only weird part about it is that they talk about all the things they do to settle down for bed and then all of a sudden they go to excersise. My daughter has trouble settling down for bed and we are trying to get her to stop moving when we are reading to her so I read quickly over that part because she will try and imitate why the animals are doing and get herself all stimulated again. Prob just a weird quirk with my daughter but I do wish the page wasn't in there.
on June 24, 2017
Great shape, good book and delivered quick and crisply new. No complaints.

But...I have to know....WHY DO THEY GO EXERCISE AFTER THEIR BATH AND RIGHT BEFORE BED? I don't understand...there are a million words to rhyme with 'rise.'
on December 10, 2015
Why? WHY do they get their pajamas on and THEN go downstairs to exercise? Nobody told these guys you shouldn't exercise right before bed?

In seriousness though, the rhymes are cute, the illustrations are simple, and the story is short enough that it makes for a good bedtime read that won't have you up all night, even if your little one likes to stop and talk about each. and. every. page. I know it's kind of considered a classic, and I love Boynton's books - I will Snuggle Puppy all day long, no questions asked - but this one is just okay.
on June 7, 2016
What a cute little story book for children to read at bedtime!
I read it to my nice tonight, who's staying with me and she loved it
Really Really cute! Then she took her turn and read it back to me
She's such a character; I call her to day hi sometimes (she lies out of state now
and she has me on the phone reading me the books I buy and sens her...lol
**I received this book at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review.
on December 28, 2017
I ordered this book for my five years old son. It is a wonderful book to read before bedtime, as well as any time of day. It’s simple to read , has cute pictures and the pages are colorful. This book really grabs his attention. Highly recommend!
on May 1, 2013
We've got this and But Not the Hippopotamus and read both frequently to my nine-month old son. The text rhymes and is lengthy enough to keep his interest. I enjoy reading it; the story is really cute. But I'm with @Jeffrey E Kuhn, I'm not sure why the animals get all ready for bed and then go exercise. Wouldn't the exercise, THEN bathe and brush their teeth for bed? I'm sure it's just to have something that rhymes with "And when the moon is on the rise.." YOU try to finish that sentence with a bedtime-y type action. Maybe... they all begin to rub their eyes? Actually, that works. Nevermind. I have no idea why that's there other than to get their minds on being healthy. Who knows. It's a children's book. It doesn't have to make complete sense. Animals don't *usually* wear clothes or brush their teeth.

Overall, I think it's a cute book and I enjoy reading it to my son. You will, too. To your child, not mine. You're not invited to bedtime. Haha.