Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

The Going-To-Bed Book
Format: Board book|Change

on December 13, 2015
me and my little man love this book. This is his new favorite book,he loves me to read this book over and over again before going to sleep. I love this book coz it tells the things that you need to do before going to bed, such as cleaning yourself, brushing your teeth and etc. it is very helpful in conditioning the kids mind to always do these stuffs before going to bed. It is also a picture book that your kid will enjoy to look at, it has different animal characters. The pages are hardbounded which is very important because toddler sometimes loves to rip pages. And the best part that I love from this book is the last part saying goodnight,that help me bring my little man to go to sleep.. This is very helpful for us mommies,I'm recommending this book for your little ones and for you.
review imagereview imagereview image
115 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
My 17 month old absolutely adores this book. We read this book every night before bed (multiple times). She enjoys seeing illustrations of what she was just doing herself (such as taking a bath, brushing teeth). This book has very catchy rhymes and great illustrations. I can recite it without looking at the pages which allows me to easily throw in some baby sign-language as we read.

The small size (5.5") is easy for my daughter to handle herself and this book always manages to keep her engaged.

I highly recommend you add this to your baby's library collection.
4 people found this helpful
on October 28, 2015
This book is cute. It's short but sweet. The only weird part about it is that they talk about all the things they do to settle down for bed and then all of a sudden they go to excersise. My daughter has trouble settling down for bed and we are trying to get her to stop moving when we are reading to her so I read quickly over that part because she will try and imitate why the animals are doing and get herself all stimulated again. Prob just a weird quirk with my daughter but I do wish the page wasn't in there.
9 people found this helpful
on January 25, 2018
My 8 month old baby loves this book. When we fusses and turns when we try to change him in the evening, we simply take out the book and start flipping through the pages and reading it. It always calms him down. Not sure why but this is hands down his favorite book and his interest in it does not seem to diminish. It's pretty easy to memorize for parents and generally a very cute story except.... the characters go to exercise AFTER they have taken their baths! Who does that? haha. but i let that slide because the book works miracles in calming my baby down.
3 people found this helpful
on March 27, 2014
We love Sandra Boynton books!! Her books look the most worn out because they are read over and over.

Pros:
1. Fun illustrations, bright characters and pages.
2. Story keeps the attention of my 1 year old.
3. Board book holds up to the wear and tear of my little one.
4. Fun to point out all the animals

Cons:
None!

What I like most about this and the rest of her books is that it teaches my little one how to sit through a story. If there are too many pages or words, my little one gets bored and wants a different book that keeps her interest. These books hold her attention for the right amount of time and sure enough she wants it read to her again.
22 people found this helpful
on June 24, 2017
Great shape, good book and delivered quick and crisply new. No complaints.

But...I have to know....WHY DO THEY GO EXERCISE AFTER THEIR BATH AND RIGHT BEFORE BED? I don't understand...there are a million words to rhyme with 'rise.'
6 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2018
I don't why, but this book totally works for getting babies to bed. We read it every night till our son was a year old and he would smile as we read it and drift off to sleep easily afterwards. I like that it is simple text, fairly short, and has interesting pictures that even a baby a few months old would enjoy looking at. It's great for setting up a bedtime routine for a baby.

We are now reading it every night for our three month old daughter and it sure beats the long drawn out stories her older brother wants us to read now. The only problem I have with it is the fact that the characters decide to exercise after they have put on their PJs and brushed their teeth right before bed. It seems a little strange to me (who wants to be sweaty before getting into bed??), but I'll get over it since the book works for going to bed. :)
One person found this helpful
Top Contributor: Makeupon September 26, 2016
You can never go wrong with Sandra Boynton's books. I love them all. This was purchased as a supplementary gift for a baby shower. A gift registry is helpful but I love to add on a book or two. I've read Sandra Boynton's books to two grandchildren and soon will start with the third. I never get tired of reading them over and over again, which is what you do with great children's books.
3 people found this helpful
on June 7, 2016
What a cute little story book for children to read at bedtime!
I read it to my nice tonight, who's staying with me and she loved it
Really Really cute! Then she took her turn and read it back to me
She's such a character; I call her to day hi sometimes (she lies out of state now
and she has me on the phone reading me the books I buy and sens her...lol
**I received this book at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review.
2 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Babyon June 14, 2017
The Going To Bed Book was one of the first books I bought that made bedtime routine into a story, my granddaughter loved it so much we now have 7 or 8 'bedtime' story books. She seemed entranced by all the animals doing things as a group, bathing, getting pj's, brushing and especially running up and down the stairs! We used their exercising to get the wiggles out of our hands and feet, and then we gently rocked and rocked and rocked to sleep.

My granddaughter still picks this book several times a week to read along with Snuggle Puppy and Nighty Night by Leslie Patricelli. It was absolutely a great buy and I recommend this to all parents of little ones needing a little help with a bedtime routine or just as a fun book to snuggle to at bedtime.
6 people found this helpful