Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,414 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
Sandra Boynton's colorful board book is a bedtime treat! An assortment of expressive animals gets ready for bed aboard a giant boat. Boynton amusingly shows then bathing, dressing, brushing teeth ("With some on top and some beneath, they brush and brush and brush their teeth."), and exercising together.
It closes with the animals settling down for the night: "They rock and rock and rock to sleep." Graced by Boynton's well-known illustrations and rhythmic, lullabye-like poetry, this is a great book for infants and toddlers alike. It's one of those books you'll keep long after the kid(s) grow up.
55 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2016
I hate that the animals get ready for bed-- brush their teeth, shower, put on pajamas... and then after all of that, they EXERCISE?!? Who in their right mind would work out after showering?? And in clean pjs?? Maybe I'm just being nitpicky but the first time I read that, I was so annoyed, I couldn't even finish the book; I had to run upstairs and tell my husband the absurdity that I had just read lol. Other than that the book is fine. The pictures are simple, cute and funny.
review image
on December 13, 2015
me and my little man love this book. This is his new favorite book,he loves me to read this book over and over again before going to sleep. I love this book coz it tells the things that you need to do before going to bed, such as cleaning yourself, brushing your teeth and etc. it is very helpful in conditioning the kids mind to always do these stuffs before going to bed. It is also a picture book that your kid will enjoy to look at, it has different animal characters. The pages are hardbounded which is very important because toddler sometimes loves to rip pages. And the best part that I love from this book is the last part saying goodnight,that help me bring my little man to go to sleep.. This is very helpful for us mommies,I'm recommending this book for your little ones and for you.
review image review image review image
on October 11, 2016
This book has an enscription written on the inside of the cover. I think this book was a return. Signed by Danny, Breanne, and boys. I don't care for this. What can you do to make it right?
Irma garcia
Igarcia203@gmail.com
616-813-8386
review image
on January 12, 2016
We love a lot of Sandra Boynton books but this is by far mine and my 18 month old little ones favorite. It's a nice short book which is great for toddlers still using board books in my opinion, longer books wouldn't hold their attention and this one is just right for us(not too long, not too short). The book rhymes and has a cute little story, I actually have it memorized and so far it's pretty much the only book I really don't mind reading 20 times in a day (which we all know can happen with toddlers). I highly recommend this book. Even my friends and their daughter I gifted a copy to love it as well!
on June 10, 2016
Our kids love this book. They want us to read it every night.

It's one thing to make a children's book that the kids love, it's a completely different thing to create a book that adults love to read to their kids.

This author does just that. We have several of her books, and not only are they a kid's favorite, but we love reading them to them. Their reactions and happiness are just a joy to observe with these books.

My husband has this book memorized:
and sings it to our kids without even having the book. We've probably read/sung that song to the kids about a billion times. They love it, and they sing along now. Our youngest can barely talk, but he's still right there with us "ooo will puppy o my". It's great!

Would definitely recommend anything by this author for your kids!
on January 30, 2014
My daughter's 26 years old and my husband and I can still recite this book...it was one of our favorites when she was little and I buy it for every new baby in my life. A lot of Boynton's books are must-haves, but this one tops the list for me.
on June 23, 2016
This is such a sweet, gentle story that you'll love reading over and over again. I love Sandra Boynton's illustrations and stories. It always cracks me up, in this one, where the pig hides under the stairs so he doesn't have to take a bath. Sandra Boynton entertains kids so well AND the parents! It is so important to your kids to interact with them while you read. I have memories that will last me a lifetime of my dad doing that when I was a child. Very fond memories that make me fall in love and get excited about reading all over again. If you can create the same experience for your kids, you will continue to pass the torch of enjoyable reading. Love it!
on September 8, 2016
I loved the animal illustrations and the gentle cadence of the story. I very much appreciate the reinforcement of needed bedtime activities. It is a book I will buy my grandbabies.
I know some ppl have taken issue with the exercise component. Stretching and gentle yoga poses are a great way to prep for bedtime. Perhaps rather than cardio type exercises it would be nice to have the animals doing yoga stretches but young children may not identify with that type of exercising.
I love the book as it is. I wish I had it when mine were small.
on September 14, 2016
My daughter loves to be read board books. We have a collection of books that we reserve for bedtime, this being one of them. She is 13 months old and loves this book. I am not sure why she is so magnetized to this book compared to the others, but she is. We let her choose the book she wants to read every night and if this is one of the choices, she will always pick this one. It really is a great book at an affordable price.