Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,771 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,353 reviews
on December 13, 2015
me and my little man love this book. This is his new favorite book,he loves me to read this book over and over again before going to sleep. I love this book coz it tells the things that you need to do before going to bed, such as cleaning yourself, brushing your teeth and etc. it is very helpful in conditioning the kids mind to always do these stuffs before going to bed. It is also a picture book that your kid will enjoy to look at, it has different animal characters. The pages are hardbounded which is very important because toddler sometimes loves to rip pages. And the best part that I love from this book is the last part saying goodnight,that help me bring my little man to go to sleep.. This is very helpful for us mommies,I'm recommending this book for your little ones and for you.
review image review image review image
on September 19, 2017
I read the reviews before I bought the book. I thought "Oh how petty! People complaining about imaginary animals exercising before bed!" Turns out, it actually starts to wear on you. Like could you really not think of anything else for them to do besides exercise before bed? What about meditating? Praying? Turning down the bed? Putting away toys? Giving goodnight kisses or hugs? I have literally thought of hundreds of other options besides freaking exercising before bed. Thankfully, my two year old lost interest in this book after a couple of months, so now it's only an occasional read. I'm not even putting it in the rotation for my one year old, but I am giving it three stars because the rest of the book is cute.
on September 21, 2017
One of our favorites! Short and cute. My 2 year old has it memorized. We love Sandra Boynton books!
on September 19, 2017
Sorry but the part where they go up to exercise baffled me! Not part of my kids' bedtime routine!
on June 25, 2017
I bought this book as a gift. I did not realize that the child already had this book, but apparently it was very worn out so a new one was very much appreciated. Kids love this book! It was one of Zoe's favorites. I would definitely buy it again as a gift
on April 30, 2017
The exercising before bed gets me every time. Like what??! Haha
on September 1, 2011
I have a 2-year-old son and I got this book for him when he was about a year old. Since then we have read it every single night before going to bed and he never tires of it! It is a cute story about getting ready for bed, and as all of Sandra Boynton's books, it has a good sing-song type of rhythm which keeps younger children attentive. As my son has gotten older he has memorized the book, and while I can't get him to actually "read" the book to me, he finishes the sentences on every page and gets mad if I finish the sentence without letting him. We've had to start doing this with all of Boynton's books that he has memorized. He loves his Boynton books the most out of all of his books!
on April 21, 2017
My toddler likes this book. To me though, it is a little short, & slightly boring.
on December 21, 2016
This book helps to teach alittle bit about your nightly ritual of putting you babies to sleep, from baths, brushing teeth, putting on jammies and truning the lights out to go nighty night. Its avery short read but its a good starter book for the kiddos if your just starting bedtime reading tradition. Takes maybe 2 minutes to read it through at a slow but understandable pace for a 1 year old.
on April 15, 2015
Sandra Boynton's "But Not the Hippopotamus," "Moo, Baa, La La La," and "The Going to Bed Book" are three books that should be in every household with small children. These are definitely classics, for those who love snuggling and reading with their small kids. Silly and funny. These books have been "classics" and steady sellers for 30 years. A lot of little kids have laughed at the silliness in these books. Boynton did something really good when writing and drawing these charming and colorful board books. (My grown kids and I can still recite these stories by heart.)