Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

The Going-To-Bed Book
Format: Board book|Change

on October 25, 2010
I like the rest of the book but I just can't get passed the idea of exercising right before going to bed. Had the author lost her marbles when she wrote this? Who exercises right before going to bed, especially kids!? The bed-time routine is a winding down and calming experience, not a winding up one! Terrible book!
99 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 8, 2017
As a kid, I was a pretty avid book reader but have never heard of this book. I always read Goodnight Moon but for the life of me I can't remember any words besides "Goodnight Moon". So, after reading the reviews and noticing that people can recite this book without even needing to see it and it helps with a night routine I thought I'd give it a try. Now, my daughter is only 4 months old so she won't be going up and down stairs, exercising and brushing her teeth any time soon but she does love when I read this book to her. It's short, only 14 pages. And I bought the board book. Board books are small but the pages last much longer than hardcover or paperback in my opinion unless they're chewed on but then...no book would last that. Dimensions are 5.8 by 5.8 inches and less than an inch thick. I adore that it's not a long book so my babe can sit through it and it also gives me the opportunity to act out things which she loves.

The recommended age starts at 2 and I think it's the perfect night time book! It's easy to read, no word jumbling, easy to recite if you don't have it on hand and overall a really nice book! The illustrations are nice and bright even though it's a night book and there's one page that's "dark" the text is still bright. I love this and more importantly my baby loves it too!
review imagereview imagereview image
on May 19, 2012
I cannot understand the popularity of this author, my son received four of her books for his birthday and none of them are up to par for a children's book.

This particular one is by far the most confusing. The illustrations are okay, not more than that. It is very confusing to small children that the animals are "going below" as they are unfamiliar with the constructs of a large boat or ship. This could be overlooked, perhaps. But the final activity that the animals participate in - after taking a bath, putting on pajamas, and brushing their teeth - is exercise! Any doctor will tell you that exercising before bed is a bad idea, for a number of reasons. This is confusing to children, because they often like to emulate books, especially books that are meant to teach or reinforce to them how to perform a specific activity. This one however MASQUERADES AS A GUIDE FOR CONDUCTING NIGHTLY ABLUTIONS, it is nothing of the sort.
33 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 7, 2013
Seriously anyone can write a children's book? The first page is just the title repeated of the book. The story is short and makes no sense. Who exercises after bathing? before bed? Seriously this author is out of her mind. He is just a tot but honestly... this one is going in the garbage!
33 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 13, 2015
me and my little man love this book. This is his new favorite book,he loves me to read this book over and over again before going to sleep. I love this book coz it tells the things that you need to do before going to bed, such as cleaning yourself, brushing your teeth and etc. it is very helpful in conditioning the kids mind to always do these stuffs before going to bed. It is also a picture book that your kid will enjoy to look at, it has different animal characters. The pages are hardbounded which is very important because toddler sometimes loves to rip pages. And the best part that I love from this book is the last part saying goodnight,that help me bring my little man to go to sleep.. This is very helpful for us mommies,I'm recommending this book for your little ones and for you.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 16, 2017
My 2 and 4 year old boys love this book. They ask for it all the time and we usually have to read it at least 3x in a row.
on January 14, 2017
My kids love this book! Read it 3 times a night
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 23, 2012
I LOVE the 'Barnyard Dance' and have been on the lookout for more Boynton that is also rhythmic and silly without some poignant message of some sort (see the poor left-out hippo). I like the Going to Bed Book - except for the exercise part (just like all other reviewers here, even the 5-start ones).

I thought - you know, maybe the author would consider deleting those two pages from this otherwise perfect book! Well - apparently her and her -sister? sister-in-law? daughter? mother?...someone with the same last name - are so convinced of their perfection that she (the unknown family member) very kindly responded that there would be no such possibility since 'oddly, after all these years, the book continues to be a best-seller'.

Wow - I applaud her success, but will definitely not contribute to it any longer - here ends my search for rhythmic Boynton!
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 2, 2013
i was not expecting a cardboard childs book. it certainly not worth anything to me. it is actually useless and I will not be getting more product from you again for quite some time. this was not represented correctly on line.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2014
Before I purchased this book, I read a bunch of the reviews. Some people complained about why the animals bathed together and why they exercised before bed. Ummm.... Let's see...if I continue that thinking, why would someone eat green eggs and ham? lol Not all kids' books need to make sense for them to be a hit. Why are the animals in this book on a boat (or is it an ark?)? Who knows? Does it matter to me? Nope!

This is just a cute, silly book. My two-year-old loves it! He makes me read it over and over (I usually stop at 3 times). Even when he's cranky and doesn't want to comply with getting ready for bed, once I start reading it, he's hooked. I have no idea why, other than the fact that it's silly and it has cute illustrations. And because he gets hooked so quickly once I start to read it - it's a winner! It's just what I was looking for!

A few other notes... I still love board books because my two-year-old gets a little crazy sometimes and has occasionally torn a page in a paper book. So the fact that this is a board book is a plus in my book. Something kinda weird - this book arrived smelling of some really odd perfumy scent. I'm very sensitive to perfumes, so I was a little annoyed by that, but it's wearing off relatively quickly. I'm sure the scent will be gone after about 2-3 weeks. Seller - if you are reading this, can you lay off the perfumy scents? Thanks! :)