Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 140 reviews
on April 13, 2015
I LOVE this book and remember it well from my own childhood ( still have my original copy )...but I wish it had been published in it's original format...which was quite a bit larger and with a finer paper stock.
It is a reall classic with a wonderful story and delightful illustrations. Making it smaller lessens it's impact.
I do realize that the book is now available in two sizes and this is the larger of the two...but I hope when I buy more copies of it next year for little friends during the Easter season...that I will be able to purchase it in its original size.
Cheryl Webb Scott
on June 1, 2015
I remember this book from my childhood. It was one of my favorite books. I still have the original book I had (which was bigger), but it's in tatters.--obviously much loved I didn't realize back then that the author and illustrator both are award-winners, which, as a retired children's librarian I found to be a revelation at the time I discovered it. (Not all Golden Books have such credentials.) The story is charming and the illustrations are wonderful--hours can be spent with this book finding new things in the pictures. The new smaller format is probably more child friendly, especially for small children. I'm buying it as a gift now, so happy to have found it again.
on October 3, 2016
This was one of my favorite books as a child, and when I was looking for things to put in my son's Easter basket this year, this brought back so many memories!

It's a large hardcover book, and the pages aren't too thin. The colors are brilliant and the drawings and story are just as charming as I remember them being. It's become one of my son's favorite books!
on April 25, 2017
This is one of the sweetest stories ever! I read it hundreds of times to my children, and just purchased this for our first grandchild. Margaret Wise Brown's gentle stories always touch my heart. It appears to be an Easter book, but this is actually a story you can read all year round.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2017
This book is smaller than the one I had as a child, but it has the advantage of fitting on a shelf more easily. The illustrations are wonderful and make it a memorable book. I have loved this since childhood and I'm a grandmother now and give copies of this to my grands, nieces, and nephew, but I'll never give up my copy!
on June 4, 2017
The illustrations in this book are very pretty, but it's actually not a very nice book! There's a bunch of hitting, kicking, throwing of rocks... and honestly the egg in the book isn't golden, I have no idea where the title came from!
on April 25, 2017
The text was the same as the book that my children had, but the illustrator was different. This book didn't have all those adorable illustrations that the original book had, especially the final picture of the bunny and the duck hugging each other. I was disappointed.
on April 1, 2017
Love the book overall, but concerned when it states "bunny climbed a tree"? I didn't know there were bunnies that climbed trees!
on April 29, 2017
This was read to me 60 years ago and it is still a beautiful classic children's story. Don't let the cover illustration fool you into thinking this is an Easter story. It is not. It is about finding a friend and accepting someone different than yourself. Very sweet with beautiful illustrations.
on July 6, 2015
This book is a favorite of my two toddler grandkids and was also very popular with preschoolers (young and old) when I was teaching. It makes a great Easter gift. The edition I purchased from Amazon has a hard cover, but the civer isn't as tough as a library quality book.