Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 317 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 371 reviews
on July 5, 2016
I bought the DVDs assuming they wouldn't be edited, but it seems that a few jokes have been edited out. This was particularly apparent in the last episode of the season, "The President's Coming! The President's Coming!", when the Secret Service Agent says four senior citizens are living in the house. Blanche is supposed to snap at him for this and then he's supposed to explain that he needs to interview everyone in the house. The DVD skips those parts, so there's a very awkward edit that shows Blanche smiling at the SSA after his 'senior citizen' comment and then he says, "I'll start with Blanche." The edit makes no sense. I actually thought the DVD had skipped. Nope. It's just a weird edit in an otherwise hilarious episode.
on July 5, 2016
I love the Golden Girls. Got this for my video library. It streams fine, no problems... don't have to worry about it getting lost, stolen, or disk getting scratched up or broken... guess unless Amazon.com goes out of business, I'll never have to worry about replacing it.
on March 21, 2017
What can I say? It's the Golden Girls. My wife loves the hijinks Dorothy, Blanche, Rose and Sophia get up to in post-menopausal Miami. I completed her collection for Christmas. All the discs are for the correct region, andevery episode is here in all its late-80's grandeur.
on December 29, 2010
If you're reading this review you are no doubt familiar with the Golden Girls, so I won't recap the season. It is, I think, one of the strongest seasons and easily the most quotable. So no complaints about the contents of the DVD. I am finding, however, that whoever manufactures these discs is sub-standard. I've purchased seasons 1 through 4 from various places and all but one were invariably riddled with playback errors and had to be returned for new copies. I received season 5 for Christmas, and when I played disc 2 one episode began freezing half-way through and two episodes were entirely inaccessible. Other episodes on different discs have sporadic glitches. This is not to say you will have the same experience, but it is something to take into consideration.
on April 18, 2016
Dorthy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia have always been a part of my life for almost as long as I can remember, This show, while simple in its filming, style and nature, delivers complex story lines and view that I sincerely believe can resonate with the viewers of today. Put this up against any current TV show and it will still stand.

The acting is superb, of course, with the such great names playing the leading ladies and the stories well written. If you have been so unfortunate as to have never seen this show or you were too young, I recommend it to you! Simply amazing!

LOVE The Golden Girls! Still relevant to this day!
Season Five of The Golden Girls is my favorite and with the passing of Rue McClanahan last week, I've been watching seasons for hours a day. Season five begins with the two part Sick and Tired where Dorothy is diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and is frustrated by an endless maze of unsympathetic doctors who brand her as crazy or tell her to go see a hair dresser. These episodes stuck out because of difficulties my mother has had with doctors over the years. The laughs pick up in other gems like The Accurate Conception where Blanches daughter decides to get artificially inseminated sending Blanche into hysterics. Another great one was "Love Under The Big Top" with guest star Dick Van Dyke where Dorothy's lawyer boyfriend decides to become a clown leading to a hilarious scene in the courtroom after the girls are arrested during a protest of fishing practices.

As usual the Golden Girls used the comedic pulpit to tackle several controversial issues of the day. Golden Girls was the first show to my knowledge to tackle the topic of artificial insemination. They also produced quite a moving episode entitled "Not Another Monday" where Sophia's friend Martha wants to kill herself because she can no longer handle the pain of life and does not want to die alone. Another example is 72 Hours the show's second episode dealing with AIDS as Rose is tested for the disease following a blood transfusion during an operation. The episode Mary had a Little Lamb stands out because it deals with teenage pregnancy beyond Sophia reminding Dorothy of her accident with Stan as the girls care for a teenaged neighbor who has been thrown out by her father.
on April 11, 2017
Classic, the best. A must own each for season!
on February 4, 2017
I LOVE THE GOLDEN GIRLS!!!!!!! Came brand new!!!!!
on December 7, 2016
Just a replacement for my all time favorite show. Everything was great
on May 17, 2017