Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 278 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 319 reviews
on March 4, 2015
If you've purchased the other 6 seasons (and why have you not?), then you know what to expect in terms of packaging. While the special features are a bit light for the final season, it is better than nothing (the treatment a lot of show's receive). The quality of the writing and superb performances never once flags, as fans are treated to another slew of interesting storylines and riotous Bea Arthur deadpan stares. The image/sound quality are about what you'd expect from a show in this era shot on videotape. Yes, rather than being filmed, it was recorded on analog tape so HD remastering is impossible sadly. But, they did what they could to clean up the picture and it turns out rather nicely. Enjoy the uncut unedited episodes presented in the final season over and over and relive the magic of the series's poignant finale. This show doesn't whimper out it's final year like many sitcoms...the girls have a respectable final year that every TV collector MUST OWN!
on August 6, 2017
I think the Golden girls is the best sitcom, of all time everything just gelled perfectly and blended so well. great acting, characterizations , directing timing, writing, etc. Highly recommend!
" Thank you for being a friend." 😂
on March 24, 2007
I don't understand it. I am the type of person who never watches a movie or show a second time--except for The Golden Girls! I remember watching when it was on originally and thinking it was so funny. But I really got hooked on the reruns years ago when tragedy struck my family. I started watching it at 11 pm instead of the news. I found the humor to be so helpful when winding down from the day. Now that I have my own dvds (I have them all), I no longer have to catch it on TV (it's not on at 11 now anyway) and I love that. I watch one every night before going to sleep, it's a great destressor and the jokes never get old. I have some episodes that are favorites but really I love them all. The writing on this show is fabulous, the acting great and the humor is timeless. I am nearly done watching this 7th season dvd, but--no matter! I'll just start all over again at the beginning! It's fun to see how each 'girl' settles into her role (Dorothy and Sophia seem to change the most.) This review is for all the seasons. They're all superb. It will always be my favorite TV show. Thank you, Golden Girls, for all the fun!
on August 20, 2015
In the episode "A Midwinter Nights Dream" Kristy McNichol and Dinah Manoff each make a brief, yet unforgettable visit to the The Golden Girls during a wacky party. Estelle Gettys character Sophies goal that evening is to fill a 3 wish prophecy before midnight. Both Barbara & her sister are pitted against each other in Sophies practical joke making this episode a corkscrew of highball comedy and high talent from a full cast of actors and actresses. Just a few years from Kristys departure from acting makes this excellent episode another one of Kristy McNichols now cherished performances. Kristy can also be seen in season 6 (episode The Witness)
on March 1, 2016
Awesome series. Too bad this is the last one! I spend hours with these women on my television each day. Good, wholesome yet slightly naughty humor that is missing from the newer shows. I will wear these disks out. Glad I got them all.
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2010
As much as I love the Golden Girls, it ended at just the right time before it became a tired old, shadow of what it used to be. Although many of episodes have their humor including the two-part Monkey Show where Stan uses a traffic cone monkey to get over Dorothy and then sleeps with Dorothy's visiting sister Gloria who has lost her money. Another wonderful episode is Goodbye Mr. Gordon where Dorothy's old high school teacher from New York visits starting a relationship with Dorothy. Meanwhile Rose becomes an associate producer for "Wake Up Miami" and convinces Dorothy and Blanche to appear on a show about Lesbian lovers of Miami.

This seventh season of the Golden Girls is not a bad season, but it relies a lot on two part episodes and there where more episodes where the jokes or ideas where just lost on me like A Midwinter Nights Dream where Blanche throws a Moonlight Madness Party where all the guys are fawning all over Dorothy and ignoring Blanche and Miles decides to marry Rose to take advantage of a prize Rose won. The final episode still brings tears to my eyes and I rarely watch it because saying goodbye to the Golden Girls was like saying goodbye to a member of the family. One thing I will comment on about the DVD's is the lack of extras. It doesn't seem right that the show was on for seven years and all we could muster was one feature on looking back at the show. Still it's a fitting end to the show that we loved.
on March 4, 2017
LOVE the golden girls!
on January 31, 2017
Good product, as expected, no surprises
on May 17, 2017
as expected
on August 30, 2016
One of the best written shows in television history!! The cast cannot be duplicated!! Even though they have all left us, they will forever live on on our screens and in our hearts!!