Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on September 10, 2011
In this tale of who gets the gold. We meet Nina who is out there hustling and gets caught up in a job that lands her brother and best friend in the cemetery and her other brother in critical condition. Nina escapes from the people who are after her but before she leaves she has to handle a little business of revenge that will late come back to haunt her. In the wake of all this drama, Nina leaves her kids behind vowing to send for them when she can.
Nina is now doing big things in GA after running into her old flame Cream. He hooked Nina up with a new job clocking major dollars but Cream had a reason for getting Nina this job and if you know Cream it's only to benefit himself. He is also holding something that Nina did, over Nina`s head to make her do what he wants her to do.
The WMM crew that Nina works with are the highlight of this story, Milt, Shawn, Renaldo, Pete & Jeff. Renaldo is one of the owners of WMM, his business of selling hopes and dreams for a million dollars. You know Renaldo's greed is going to be his downfall, but the question is when will he fall and how hard? Now that you have the players, the plot, throw in a few police and FBI agents , namely one Rick Brown, who are out to take down WMM and everybody associated with this company. Rick turns out to be Nina's savior, but is he the law or not? That's the question.
The title is a catchy title and this was my first read by this author. Don't take it personal all you Wahida fans but the cover was hot.......the book not so hot. The story was not that suspenseful, and I expected what happened next in the story. I will say that I will try another one of her books to compare to this one, so I won't rule her out based solely on this book.
on March 30, 2014
I liked this novel.... a Lil slow... After reading the Thug Series.... This book paled in comparison.... However, I like the Connection between the two books.... With Nina meeting Rick one of da main characters n the Thug Series.... Am just waiting for another book from that series to come out.... Impatiently waiting....
on September 14, 2016
Good book
VINE VOICEon September 7, 2011
Wahida Clark does it again, well almost. The Golden Hustla starts off very promising but then leaves you flat. Nina Coles is a hustler who is on the run after a botched robbery leaves her brother and best friend dead. She moves away leaving behind her kids and her former life to give herself a fresh start. Nina stumbles into a golden scam and continues yet another hustle. This story starts off great but doesn't keep the momentum going.

The best part of The Golden Hustla is the update of Tasha from The Thug series. I enjoy Wahida's writing skills and she is one of my favorite authors, but this book was just book was just lack luster. Sorry Ms. Clark this was not your best work just an overall ok read.
on July 29, 2011
I am in SHOCK!!!! Wahdia is one of my favorite authors..... I have read ALL of her books and would highly recommend any of her other books, but she fell of the ledge with this one. I have read 70 percent of this book and have struggled to get this far. I read the other reviews and thought "it could't be that bad". Trust me it is. I guess all good authors have their one bad day...this was hers! Wahdia.... Please bring my Thug series back asap! "Justify My Thug" was awesome! One of your loyal fans!
on November 3, 2010
Wahida Clark never disappoints me. I love all her books and this one is no exception. The story get started and doesn't stop. All the way through, you're wondering what's gonna happen next. Miss Nina Coles is a hustler to the bone, whether it's legal, or illegal, for her children or for her man, she is about her business and on her grind. Given the hand she was dealt, she did her thang and is making it happen for her, her children and her man. Although the story ends, I am interested to know whether or not Nina and her new man will make it or if he will be too hung up on his past and even if her past will come back to haunt her.
on November 1, 2010
I was reluctant to purchase this book. Especially after reading the Thug 4 book, but I loved it. I still got question on Tasha, Trae, and Kyron but at least now I know she's pregnant. Nina was a really solid character and I read this book in less than a day. Now I know I will be waiting on Thug book 5. I mean I got to know what detective Rick AKA King will be doing and what's really going on with my girl Tasha she slipping badly. Whew I can't wait now. April can't get here fast enough.
on November 2, 2010
Wahida Clark did it again!!! This book was another great one. Before you read this read What's Really Hood so you can get to know a little about the characters and where and how it all began. I enjoyed the Nina and King relationship. Nina is smart, determined and hardworking all for her children. If you read the Thug series thus far you already know who King is =) Overall The Golden Hustla was a great read and I will recommend it to anyone..
on October 22, 2010
If you are a Wahida Clark fan you will definitely enjoy this book. The main characters of this story come from a short story by Clark- in the anthology "What's Really Hood". She also incorporates characters from her "Thug Lovin'" series as I like to call it. I think I am going to reread at least a few of these stories as it has been a while and it might help a little in remembering who is who. This book, however, can stand on its own without reading the past books- but knowing the background of all the characters just makes it that much better.

I like to read series from beginning to end- if you are wondering how it goes, here is the order: "Thugs and the Women who Love Them," "Every Thug Needs a Lady," "Thug Matrimony," and then "Thug Lovin'". The characters of this series are intertwined into this new story.
This story picks up from "Makin Endz Meet" a short story in "What's Really Hood" anthology (Good read, too).

I'd also suggest the "Payback" series- "Payback is a Mutha" and "Payback with Ya Life"- it's really gritty but so detailed that you can see and feel like you really know the characters.

Just found out a new sequel- "Justify my Thug" is coming next spring- can't wait!
on November 29, 2010
Not one of Wahida's best books. I can see her trying to move into a different direction though and I commend her for that,but this book was not it. It was waaaaaaaaaayyyy to unbelievable the way Nina came up that quick after feeling like she had lost everything. Then the undercover detective Rick, come on!! So you meet a woman and just like that you take on her plight, quit your job for 50-60 million dollars all this for someone you BARELY know..Too much too fast!!! I know Ms. Clark has got to grow in terms of her writing and story telling, but this one was not it for me...I pray that there isn't a sequel, because it will be a huge mess...She never told the back story on how Cream was connected to WMM and how come his babymama wouldn't/didn't take the job,it was just too much going on without truly telling the story... I don't know how these other readers giving 5 stars were able to give such a rating, seeing that this story was all over the place, they seem to just be excited that a new book was released, yeah that's it, cause it couldn't be for the content of this book. See that's what happens when you have too many characters and you don't know how to bring them together and make the story flow and still keep readers interested. Don't get me wrong, it had it's moments, but not enough to sustain the entire book. The ending was so bizarre and soft and Rinaldo was the fall guy for everyone(with the whites of my eyes showing)are you serious!!!! And so Nina and Rick get away scott free with all the money.. So please don't tell me a sequel will be Rinaldo doing his time and coming after Rick and Nina for his 56 million, I beg you don't do it!!! I'm not totally finished with Ms. Clark's books, I'll wait her new one coming out next year before I make that decision.