Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 1, 2016
I was a bit skeptical at first since the band just isn't the same without Lin and Jenny, but you can tell it's still Ace of Base at heart from the melodies, lyrics, and level of production. Furthermore, I like both new female singers, especially the one with a more raspy, Miley Cyrus sound. Overall it's a great album for AoB fans, and I catch myself humming the tunes even when I'm not listening to it.
on September 26, 2015
If you love AOB like I love AOB then you GOTTA get this CD!! I have followed AOB since their first album BUT this AOB Cd is SOOOOOOO sophisticated sounding! I thought I wouldn't like it with the two different female singer but they can hold their own...(and I admit I think their voices are BETTER!!) ALL these songs are FABULOUS!!! If I could five a 10 I would...so I give it a ........"10"!
on January 12, 2011
After more than three years they have returned (well the founders anyway* see more in review on this topic) with a whole new album which simply put is Great! They have definitely found their footing again and gained back that missing element of passion which drove their engines from the start. *This album is in no way a disappointment regardless of the introduction of new Lead vocalists: Julia Williamson & Clara Hagman. These two gems brought a bit of their own style which in no way tainted this album, and brought a newness which is essential in the music industry. I also feel in many ways having Julia and Clara inspired the original founders to get back into the groove and reignited their passion for making music again. Yes, fans I agree it is sad that Jen & Linn would not return for various reasons. Granted if they had not left we may not have such an inspired piece of work to listen to right now. So maybe it was fate? Who knows. As far as these new leads, I feel they complimented the sound and even gave a little freshness to their album which just works. After listening to the album (over and over) I really felt like this was a modernized rendition of who Ace of Base was, where they are and where they may go (which is up from here). They pay homage to their past music with pieces of beats here and there and some minor almost hidden vocals) but all the while giving us a modern edge. It was nice to hear the men actually sing more in the choruses of certain songs and the instrument selection has definitely matured with some variety. Overall I gave this album a 5 out of 5. In looking for true feedback for them to improve on I had to really take a moment to think about what I would want to see, hear, etc. So, I wish there were more tacks to listen to on this album so perhaps on the next one include a couple more. Also I would like to hear more of the men sing for Jonas & Ulf are the founders after all; and last but not least I definitely wanted to hear some more ethereal/orchestration backing medleys to compliment a couple of tracks giving them a full resonance and boldness -- I feel then it would be Gold! Overall, I am deeply satisfied with this Album and look forward to more of their work soon. Cheers!
on March 1, 2012
I usually can't listen to every single song on a single album and completely enjoy it. I can with this one. Before I bought it I had only heard the tremendous "All for You" single, and then discovered I really enjoyed every song! Great up to date electronic/dance sound from Ace. Many miss the original Berggren sisters doing most of the vocals (as do I), but the new lovely ladies are brilliant as well and I wouldn't change anything about this album. Awesome stuff and I CAN'T stop listening to it!
on August 28, 2013
This album was consistent with the style and quality of their previous albums. And, the new female singers were just fine.
on March 27, 2018
One of my favorite bands. I love all of their music. Ace Of Base is awesome.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 1, 2015
The Golden Ratio is a later release of Ace of Base. Showing they still can produce some good music.
on November 8, 2015
Excellent
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2011
After 20 years ace of base stills making great music, this is the return from the band and it is a good álbum keeping the style from the band, the voices of "linn" & "jenny" still missing but the new 2 members get a new sound in the band, the cd was not released in América as with "da capo" so we can only wait to have an american version
on November 13, 2010
Well worth the price, The Golden Ratio is Ace of Base's fifth studio album. Founded in 1990 and active ever since then, the band has recently undergone a line-up change, with Stockholm singers Clara Hagman and Julia Williamson replacing long-time singer Jenny Berggren (sister Linn Berggren officially departed in 2007 after years of declining participation in the band).

With the line-up changed, the vocals on the album take some getting used to, but the music has, for the most part remained the same. Among the better tracks are "Juliet", "The Golden Ratio", "Vision in Blue", "Black Sea", "Precious", and "All For You", which served as the lead single for the album.