Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Goonies [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

This is a fun movie for kids of all ages.

While I was in my early twenties when it came out, I was introduced to it when I became a dad a few years later. I still find it enjoyable to this day.
on May 31, 2016
I love this movie. It has a happy ending, and has realistic parts and funny parts, and almost tear-jerking parts since some parts are so sweet. I'd seen it on TV years ago, and wanted the DVD so I could see it again when I wanted. Plus all those kids are adults now.
on July 11, 2006
Goonies, the greatest 80's movie of all times, is one of those movies that doesn't ever get old to me. I remember loving this movie as a kid, and as an adult, well, some things never change! I can still quote most lines from this movie, and although that annoys some people, other people love to quote it right back at me. The Goonies is an adventure from the get-go and it keeps you rooting for the Goonies the entire time while hating the Fratelli's. Donner and Spielberg have created a timeless movie with all of the pure 80's goodness. Let's face it: the hair, the outfits, the music, the sayings. It's all outdated. But the story and characters are timeless, and the movie is bursting with energy. Sean Astin is gold in this movie, and I was glad to see him get his career back on track after The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. And can I say that I had the biggest crush on Kerri Green?! Wow! She was great in "Lucas" as well. Corey Feldman, is well, he's Corey Feldman, and he's extremely annoying in the DVD commentary (so much so that his constant interrupting sends Sean Astin to leave and not come back!). Chunk does a great Truffle Shuffle and other characters round out this wildly entertaining adventure. And there are funny little mistakes in the movie (like Sean Astin calling Josh Brolin "Josh" instead of by his character's name "Brand" when they are in the basement), but the deleted scenes help answer some of those mistakes (like the octopus being scary). Watching the deleted scenes makes you feel like it was the right decision that they were deleted because most of them DID NOT look good! I am actually pretty happy that there never was a sequel as I think it probably wouldn't have been that good and that our expectations would be too high, and ultimately, all of us who loved the original would have been disappointed. And I do agree that this movie is actually more like a PG-13 movie. Too much unnecessary language that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
on September 26, 2015
This movie is a classic, and by far one of my favorite movies of all time. You will love the adventure that the goonies take you on. From the Truffle Shuffle to watching One-Eyed Willy sail off into the sunset, this movie truly is a winner. A reason most fans will agree, Goonies Never Say Die!
on March 1, 2017
the dvd and the cover both seem flimsy and bend easily, but that being said, for the price it is an absolute bargain.
on April 15, 2017
Favorite childhood movie
on March 1, 2013
"The Goonies" has everything--drama and comedy--that will appeal to everyone--child and adult. The performances by Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, et al., are as professional as those by the adult actors, and that is much to director Donner's credit. In the extras on the dvd, the now-grown actors comfortably and with a good deal of comeraderie discuss their experiences making the film. This bond must have been there three decades ago for Donner to have elicited such performances from the kids. As you can tell, for me, the pleasure of "The Goonies" is watching a group of child actors enjoy themselves as they perform.

The other 800+ reviews will tell you about the plot which I won't mention. Well, okay, that's not entirely true. There are individual scenes that will forever be with me: Chunk's confession, Data's entry into the film, the body in the freezer, etc. The parts are as good as the whole, and that's a rare achievement.

Beside the commentary by the actors and Donner, the Cyndi Lauper videos are a hoot. Nice quality in a nice package.
on May 25, 2013
Many people think of the Goonies with nostalgic memories of the 80s. This movie really is more than that, though it is unmistakably a product of that decade. This movie does stand the test of time. It is a fun adventure. The kind we all wished we could have had when we were kids. The filming location in Oregon depicts the lush lands of the Pacific Northwest and sets a great starting point for the burgeoning young adults on a mission to save their homes. The young actors do a good job of making their characters three dimensional and the adult actors (particularly the Fratellis) really round out the ensemble. You may even recognize the main character Mikey as Sean Astin from The Lord of the Rings films or Rudy and Josh Brolin from No Country for Old Men. This is a great one for family movie night. One note, that though the film is rated PG, there is a quick slip of language at one point in the film and some younger children might find one of the characters a little scary.
on December 29, 2012
Hellooooooo, great movie! This should be in everyone's home. Awesome kid and family movie about treasure, adventure and kids grabbing some independence. What recent movie had this stuff? All I see now is violence, bullying, smart ass disrespectful kids on tv who dress like adults and aren't really kids but mini adults who I'd never like in real life and do not want my kid to emulate. Enjoy that rant? Well I'm right :)
The Goonies is an amazing movie!
on January 18, 2017
Goonies! Watching movies are probably my favorite pastime. Last week I was told that I needed to see this movie. I looked everywhere from eBay, to Walmart, but it was so expensive and would arrive weeks from now. Then I came across this on amazon and I was so surprised that it was such good quality for a great price! I recommended this for all movie lovers, looking for a new addition to their collection.