Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on March 8, 2016
Grandparental Warning Required! If you are a Grandparent you must have this painfully silly kid adventure film in your library for babysitting purposes. How this film attained cult status from around the world is beyond this grandad, but Spielberg always manages to get the goose to lay the golden egg. Last year purportedly 15,000 people came to Astoria, Oregon where the movie was filmed 30 years ago. I live across the Columbia River from Astoria and a friend of mine grew up in the house next door when the movie was filmed. Remember the Rube Goldberg machined the boys put together? My friend has the egg used in the movie to start the contraption! It's actually a machined ball-bearing ground down to an egg and painted white. Bottom line, it's a memory shared first with my babies and now my grandbabies.
on February 29, 2016
So after explaining to my "Hobbit" obsessed teen daughter for the umpteenth time that I knew who Sean Astin was, I would point out the Goonie vhs tape in the bookshelf to which she would roll her eyes and mutter something about the "dark ages". So when I saw it on DVD, yes, I snatched it up. It didn't hurt that the price was so nice either. So the night came, the "Mom Get's to Pick" night and yes, Mom popped in The Goonies. When it was over, the chorus from my teen and her best friend was "Oh, Mikey, he was so cute...you really do know him." It didn't hurt that Martha Plimpton, famous as Virginia from Raising Hope in this house, and Josh Brolin, just famous, are in it as well. A funny little unexpected treat was seeing my 17 year old recognize Mary Alice Trainer, the mom, as the protagonist from our favorite Christmas horror episode of one of the serial shows, maybe Tales from the Darkside...she goes up against a demented Santa played by Larry Drake from "The Dentist" and "LA Law".
on November 15, 2017
" The Goonies " Has grown far past a movie of cult classic status & into the realms of a Pop culture classic & a must have movie for serious movie collectors building a movie library!!! For starters you have a 80's Icon Cyndi Lauper providing the Goonies a theme song ( The Goonies 'R' Good Enough) which if memory serves me right was a Top 50's Billboard Hit Song as well as a M.T.V. classic video! Then you have a group of child actors that acted well enough to endear their characters to audiences for decades to come!!! While this family friendly action, adventure, comedy movie is set in the 1980's it is in no way a dated movie feeling as fresh & fun as when I watched it for the first time while on leave from the service. This movie will never become " Dated" as long as cultural hang ups exist like High School " Clichés" & Greed & attitudes from the rich that loving, struggling " Middle Class" or " working Class " family's are disposable & to be looked down upon !!! And since the gap between the super wealthy & the now almost non existing " Middle Class" is so huge I don't see " The Goonies" becoming a " dated Movie any time soon !!! " The Goonies" was & remains a feel good movie that the whole family can enjoy. " The Goonies" also proves you don't need Billions of dollars spent on explosions & C.G.I. images to make a successful film. It's also fun to see how many of the child actors have grown to be successful adult actors...even if it makes me feel a bit old. Josh Brolin son of James Brolin has grown to become an A-list Hollywood star & Sean Astin seems to be in a Hollywood Block Buster every decade or so...but has been in a list of movies any actor would be proud of!!! When a movie has become so saturated into " Pop Culture" that it is referenced in T.V. shows, Sit Com's & other Movies it has left " Cult Classic" far behind & has moved into the status of " Classic Movies" !!! " The Goonies" has done just that entertaining movie fans for 3 decades & watching my children adding " The Goonies" to their movie library's I am sure my Grandchildren will be adding it to theirs as they start family's of their own!!! The D.V.D. I ordered said it had no extra or bonus features but the widescreen version I received has lots of extra's... even great " Out Take" scene's that help clear up the whole " Scary Octopus." statement that had confused many over the years, l.o.l . I am very pleased with my purchase & the D.V.D. version I got to replace my old V.H.S. !!! Thank you Amazon.com for offering this classic at such a great affordable price!!!!!
on March 13, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I love the version that you get on DVD or even on Prime HOWEVER, it is not the original cut of the movie and that is what I have been searching for. For those that saw it on reel and not on VHS or DVD, the scene that is missing is the octopus scene. The line when they are being interviewed on the beach talks about the attack of the octopus which for some reason or another was removed before going to the VHS and DVD as well as Prime version. I saw it every summer for five summers at Camp Seafarer. I am disappointed that the scene I liked so much has since been removed. Bring back the original cut and I would buy it today!
on January 21, 2018
I am a child of the 80’s and this is by far my all-time favorite film. I can’t explain it, but no other movie gives me the the kind of feelings that this film does. No matter how old you are, watching The Goonies brings you back to that childhood moment when anything was possible. To me this is more than a movie and almost an escape from reality of adult responsibility... and I cherish that for the close to hours this gives me. I also have my kids loving the movie so it will continue for another generation.

I believe that this film should be required viewing for everyone and could easily solve most of the major issues plaguing our society. We are all Goonies, we just need to let that side out more.
on December 2, 2017
The greatest children's adventure film ever made.

I mean, does it get better than The Goonies? No, no it doesn't.

Proof?

I still watch this movie regularly at 28 lol.

Then again, I love just about any adventure or mystery film shot in the Pacific Northwest.
on February 14, 2016
This movie is one of my husband's favorites and I like to watch it just to hear him laugh - especially at Chunk! We went to the house in Oregon where they kids lived and it was fun to see it and know they made part of the movie there.
on September 16, 2015
Always been a great movie. I watched it with my kids 11 and 7 the other day. They loved it. Problem is, I had no idea there had been so much cussing and inuendo. I did not remember that part. It is am amazed what we used to watch in PG movies back in the day. Another example is short curcuit, again cursing and inuendos. Doesnt take away from the fact it is a great movie!
on December 25, 2013
I'm just ratting this Blue Ray for the Steelbook alone
Not, the film
Love the film grew up watching it (Probably have seen The Goonies 100x)
This is hands down one of the coolest Steelbooks I own
It's limited to 4,000 united worldwide and very hard to get out of the US
Not sure why Amazon.uk will not sell it if you are a US Customer
It's a must have for Film Collectors/ Steelbook Collectors
The Art is awesome lots of detail
If you can get your hands on it for 35.00 US or below I'd highly recommend it
I see these being on Ebay in a year or so for super high price (Cause of the limited Number of them)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2015
It's interesting to watch this again as an adult and recognize most of the cast in their current roles. The main reason I watched it was because my girlfriend had never seen this, or Sixteen Candles and I couldn't let her be deprived of these 2 cult classics.
The thing I don't understand is why this movie isn't an Amazon Prime title. This doesn't affect my rating of the movie.