Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on July 27, 2012
I too feel that this is an outstanding CD -- the selections are well-chosen, the transcriptions masterful, the playing exquisite, and the recording flawless. I too added this to my favorite guitar music drawer, where 2 prior David Russell CDs reside (Sonidos Latinos, Art of the Guitar). Very enjoyable music!
I especially appreciated the very learned yet menschlich booklet notes, which I assume Mr Russell wrote himself. Thank you! And on headphones, the strings resonate beautifully, but I can barely hear only a couple deep breaths -- really well done!
on December 2, 2015
David Russell has joined Christopher Parkening as one of my two favorite classical guitarists, but Russell has a much larger repertoire and brings perfect sensitivity and expression to each and every genre. I own every one of his albums that I can acquire.
on June 20, 2013
You will really enjoy Mr. Russell's playing, Just I said about Sr. Barrueco, he too exhibits precise playing without being pedandic or too academic. He extracts lovely sounds from what must be an already superlative instrument. Precision is the hallmark of excellent classical guitar performance, and he lacks any semblance of hesitation or imprecise playing. You will enjoy this recording.
on March 15, 2015
A fine player. I liked this.
n morse
on March 27, 2013
It is testimony to the insanity of this world that every living person on earth has not yet been acquainted with this music. It's that beautiful. David Russell has always been good, one of the best...but when I heard this CD, I had goosebumps from beginning to end. A truly remarkable CD that takes baroque guitar to its highest level. I loved it.
on May 18, 2012
It is said that "Bach" sounds good on any instrument, and I agree but I must admit that the guitar enhances my pleasure in this recording.
on November 22, 2015
The performance is outstanding, however I did not like the selection of works to perform -- I don't think these particular pieces are well-suited for guitar.
on October 2, 2013
David Russell always produces high quality recordings. This is not an exception.
The sound of his guitar and the way it is recorded and transferred to the CD is unique. I always trust on que quality.

Besides this, his transcriptions of baroque music to classical guitar are always a success.
on November 15, 2013
I'm always amazed by Mr. Russell's technique and feel for the various types of music he is playing. The sound he gets from the guitar is incredible plus as many before me have said, you rarely hear any string noise.
on January 14, 2015
Everything I have bought from Amazon have come up to my expectations. Books. You do not know until you have read them. CDs. You do not know until you have heard them. I have not sent anything back.