Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on October 24, 2011
The Great American Ale Trail claims to be the "Craft Beer Lovers Guide to the best Watering Holes in the Nation" and is a worthy effort. I live in the UK and have visited quite a few of the pubs & bars in this book particularly in Oregon and California, other parts of the U.S i've never visited, some places i'll probably never visit but i found the book a great read, very informative and a volume that i'll probably carry with me on my next trip to the USA.

The authors research must have been very hard work! All states are visited though beer centers like California and Oregon get more coverage than say Ohio or Nebraska (1 page each). It's the authors personal choice of bars and pubs so you may or may not agree with his choice but as the author states in his introduction the book is intended as a starting point for your beer exploration. The book has 360+ pages good use of spot colour and the format is easy to read, the guide is plit into regions, i.e the Pacific North West, the Midwest,etc and by State and town or city.

The book makes a good companion piece to Lisa Morrison's Craft Beers of the Pacific North West and i'd recommend both books to beer drinkers everywhere, just have a good beer while you read!

Craft Beers of the Pacific Northwest: A Beer Lover's Guide to Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia

The Great American Ale Trail: The Craft Beer Lover's Guide to the Best Watering Holes in the Nation
on June 1, 2016
What's not to love: a well-written independent guide that considers the crazy-large production of beer in this country. We keep a copy for local exploring, and give it as a much-appreciated gift to friends (young and older).
on September 14, 2011
"...people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci. Christian did just that and he takes us along with him to places we might not have discovered otherwise. Not just an in-depth craft beer guide, he added fun local facts and as he describes the food he pairs with his beer, you'll find yourself wanting to jump in your car and start or add to your own craft beer experience. This book ...is complete, creative and very, very entertaining. Encore, please.
on January 27, 2013
I'm a graphic designer, and to be honest, half of the reason I bought this book was because when I did the 'look inside' feature, the page layouts were designed amazingly... the other half was in hopes that the actual content would be good, which... it was! It's a really trendy and great book for anyone who likes to visit breweries when traveling. And even if you don't get to travel that much, it gives you some insight into good breweries around the country
on April 17, 2013
I like the organization of the book, I am planning a road trip to the Southwest right now and use this based on where I'll be for the night to plan on what breweries to visit. I feel like there are some breweries missing (but I'm sure that no one could possibly include all the good breweries without leaving some out and offending some beer snobs) and I would love some pictures, but other than that it's very helpful.
on December 1, 2015
Gave this as a gift. I realized how much the person enjoyed the book when he began immediately to read it and kept sharing particular sections with all of us.
on July 26, 2013
This book has craft breweries and craft brewpubs for (almost) every state. The author tells you about the "vibe" of each location, and what he considers their best beer. He missed a few places I've been to, but hey you can't hit every place. Overall, a fun read.
on March 1, 2013
This book made a good present for my friend who introduced me to the world of craft beer by taking me to GABF. Will the incredible growth of the craft beer market this book was almost outdated as soon as it was printed. Despite this, it lists some iconic craft breweries around the nation.
on September 29, 2011
Having lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for over ten years now, I figured I pretty much knew all there was to know about the beer scene here. Was pleasantly surprised to find out how much more is actually going on. Especially liked the section on Brian Hunt and the Moonlight Brewery. Thanks, Christian!
on January 10, 2015
My son really enjoyed this book. He's been looking to plan some vacation time and this book has helped with his decision making!