Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Great Pretender
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 21, 2009
Is it manageable or even realistic to maintain two families and play the loving partner to two devoted women? Until developing a conscience......In the world of Reginald Brooks it's totally manageable and after 6 years of living a double life, he makes it seem like a walk in the park. After years of confiding in his best friend Franklin and with his advice he decides to come clean to his wife Tracy about Mistress Renee in hopes that he'll be forgiven and life can go on happily ever after. NOT!!!! Read on as the drama unfolds and no one and nothing is as it seems and turns out everyone's a pretender just not the greatest! Original, fast paced emotional rollercoaster with very realistic characters, ending with a BIG BANG jaw dropping twist!!!! Now a huge fan of Millenia Black........ I can't wait to see what she puts out next!
on April 11, 2014
I really don't like books like this but after seeing the other reviews I wanted to read this. I loved it it had characters that you want to root for and scenes that you can feel happening. In the begining I did not care for Reggie I thought he was so selfish and beyond redemtion But this Author did an amazing job of turning him around. I appreciate the ending and I really liked how this all turned out.
on May 5, 2014
i chose this rating because this book was very interesting and it dealt with a real life issue.I would recommend this book and have already done so.I have also ordered another of this author's books because of the experiance of reading The Great Pretender
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2002
The Great Pretender is the premier novel written by Millenia Black. This book clutched my emotions from many aspects. For starters,the jacket illustrates wedding bands aflame, which in my opinion represents four lives, two couples burnt by infidelity.
Additionally this reader was shocked with such an explosive ending, I had to stop and gain my composure.
Millenia did an excellent job of keeping her secondary character in place while some of her actions made me feel her as much or more than the primary ones. The storyline was one we do not read about very often, but it certainly warrants the many expletives expressed while reading The Great Pretender.
For six of the ten years Reginald Brooks was married to Tracy, he lived another life. Two weeks of every month he traveled to Orlando to play house with Renee and their six-year-old daughter Denise. Then he would migrate back to Miami to nestled into his somewhat strained existence there. His spouse Tracy had been sleeping with his best friend Franklin Bevin; his oldest daughter Olivia believes she hates her father. Her last attempt to prove her hatred of him threatens to break
the last thread that holds this family and her parents marriage together and then we have Valerie, my favorite character. Valerie is daddy's little girl; she kept the balance as best she could in her teenage way.
When mom began to stray from home at different times Valerie was
devising a plan to find out the why; when her sibling Olivia started dating Sean again, her no good boyfriend she brought the issue to the table to make her aware that she knew; for Valerie daddy could do no wrong.
Ms. Black is a storyteller of adult stories, if you are looking for a new topic, great storyline and a book that makes good on its promise this is the one. Millenia Black is definitely an author to look out for.
Reviewed by Missy
APOOO BookClub
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2014
Great book. Twisted ending. This is a must read....
on June 19, 2006
""Here they were in New York City.sitting in a beautiful and elegant suite with mauve silk on the walls, drinking hot French coffee from Italian coffeepots, and practically behaving as strangers."

This novel is well paced and I finished it in no time.
At the head of this story is Reginald Brooks the pretender. Reginald is able for many years to have two families, each unknown to the other. His wife Tracey and two daughters in Miami, and his mistress and daughter in Orlando. Reginald enjoys the best of both words greedily, until the day comes years after when guilt catches up with him and he wants to do away with his Orlando affair.

But how can a man after being seasoned into these relations for six years and making it work so effectively, suddenly pull the plug and let jack out of the box? It is going to be problematic and complex with many broken hearts, and so Reginald enlists the help of his good friend Franklyn. Is this a good idea? Read on and see how the sparks fly. A recommended page-turner!!!
Heather Marshall Negahdar ( SUGAR-CANE 19/06/06)
on June 7, 2013
This is an excellent book!! Keeps you interested from page 1& doesnt stop from there. Although this is a work if fiction, you cant help but understand that people live these lives everyday. I've read this book 3 times & i paid 17.45 for it the last so i'll definitely be reading again! LoL. But, All in all, a GREAT BOOK!!!!
on July 16, 2015
Curiosity kept me reading this book, even though it felt like something out of a Jerry Springer episode. I think the author developed the plot well though. She had me feeling tired for Reggie on his path to destruction!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2009
Once I got into this book I could not put it down. The story all came together differently than I thought. I really enjoyed it. Lots of love scenes. First time I read this author.
on October 9, 2014