Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 283 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 334 reviews
on September 5, 2013
I really have been enjoying this collection, and it is excellent quality for the price. For those looking for the composer list, here it is:

Grieg: Peer Gynt Suite No. 1, Op. 46: Morning Mood
Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67, "Fate": Allegro con brio
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons, Op. 8 - Concerto No. 1 in E Major, RV 269, "La primavera" (Spring): I. Allegro
Barber: Adagio for Strings, Op. 11a
Wagner: Die Walkürie (The Valkyrie), Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries
Chopin: Nocturnes, Op. 9: No. 2 in E-Flat Major
Pachabel: Canon in D Major
Orff: Carmina Burana: O Fortuna
Bach: Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: Air
Holst: The Planets, Op. 32: Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
Debussy: Suite bergamasque, L 75: Clair de lune
Verdi: Nabucco: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves, "Va pensiero, sull'ali dorate"
Mozart: Concerto No. 21 in C Major for Piano and Orchestra, K. 467: Andante
Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major, BWV 1048: Allegro
Massenet: Thaïs: Méditation
Dvorák: Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, Op. 95, "From the New World": Largo
Strauss: An der schönen blauen Donau (On the Beautiful Blue Danube), Op. 314
Brahms: Hungarian Dance No. 5 in G Minor
Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake Suite, Op. 20: Scène (Lake in the Moonlight)
Satie: Gymnopédie No. 1
Mozart: Requiem, K. 626: Lacrimosa dies illa
Beethoven: Bagatelle in A Minor, WoO 59, "Für Elise"
Elgar: Pomp and Circumstance, Op. 39: Land of Hope and Glory
Bizet: Carmen Suite No. 2: Habanera
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": An die Freude
Offenbach: Les contes d'Hoffmann (The Tales of Hoffmann): Barcarolle
Albinoni: Adagio in G Minor for Strings and Organ
Mozart: Serenade No. 13 in G Major, K. 525, "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik": Allegro
Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville): Overture
Beethoven: Sonata No. 14 in C-Sharp Minor for Piano, Op. 27:2, "Moonlight Sonata": Adagio sostenuto
Smetana: Má Vlast (My Fatherland): Vltava (The Moldau River)
Boccherini: String Quintet in E Major, Op. 13, No 5: Minuet
Corelli: Concerto Grosso No. 8 in G Minor, Op. 6, "Christmas Concerto": Allegro
Rachmaninoff: Vocalise, Op. 34
Mozart: Messa da Requiem: Dies irae - Tuba mirum
Mahler: Symphony No. 5: Adagietto
77 comments| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2015
This is a wonderful collection of performances by the London Philharmonic Orchestra with David Parry - though enjoying this music greatly - I find that 237 KBPS left something missing!
Yes, I know - those of you in the MP3 World feel it is adequate.
For those rating this collection with 5 stars....I hope to find the CDs have the 800 plus KBPS usually found in CD recordings - it would be even better IF someone realized it was worthy to create it in SACD format. I did not have the time to listen to it in its entirety when I first purchased the 'download' but - after listening to just the first 4 pieces - I knew I had to get this in CD or endeavor to find each piece in its own album.
It does not matter if I already have 6 performances of The Four Seasons, etc - Great music is Great music - You only live once.
Put on something comfortable, pour a glass of Port - then press PLAY.

It is quite sad to see this piece of work rated low (one star) because of a 'Mar' in a case - cracked case -; List the performer??? It is in large font on the face of the insert; relaxing music??? is this titled 'relaxing music? - even a novice will know from the titles that some tracks are quite energetic!
Odd - at times Media Player can mess up the data of music - advice: 'turn off the 'AUTO' features in 'OPTIONS'. Virtual DJ (its free) - provides all the information you will desire in its 'TAG EDITOR' feature - Was delighted to see all my 'questions' answered. And of course the contributions from 'REVIEWERS' here and 'Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia' .
The selection of "war horse" favorites is excellent. This is the kind of album to put on when you want classical music to listen to without making a decision, which composer, which piece, which album, etc. Unfortunately, the quality of the performances on this album ranges from good to almost unacceptable. The "Ride of the Valkyries" reminds me of an impatient person jangling his keys as he waits for the next train to pull up to the station. The "Blue Danube" is fine, until the percussion section weighs in, sounding like a high school marching band, only not as good. The Brandenburg #3 is sure in a choppy hurry. Who swallowed a metronome?

Some of the other performances are adequate, even good. The 2nd Movement (The "Elvira Madigan") of the Mozart Concerto, the Barber Adagio, are fine. This is studio music, and it seems as if some of the more familiar pieces were fobbed off in a hurry to get them onto a recording. I used to sing choral music with the occasional orchestra, and when musicians are on the clock, sometimes you don't rehearse a more familiar piece and just show up to the performance and have at it. Perhaps that's what happened here. Ok, people, you all know Beethoven's Fifth. Let's go.

However, it's five dollars, in fact, not even, so it's worth putting up with some of the pieces sounding awful in exchange for a lot of good listening. I may delete the offending works from the playlist.
44 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2017
One thing I decisively disapprove from these collections is that most piece of music is not what I want. Such pieces may be called THE 50 GREATEST according to the publishing business that produces and sells the CD, but not according to my standards.

However, I must admit that I squeezed a good number of extraordinary pieces that elevate my senses when the London Philharmonic Orchestra exquisitely plays them. Some of those pieces of Classical Music includes the London Choir both of which transport me to wonderful state of mind.

Should you have the qualities necessary, these collection is worth acquiring even if you have to set aside some pieces of music that you may not want to hear.

Lastly, I must say that I agree with reviewer Ms. Kelly. I will add to her words that those who are SERIOUS about Classical Music ~but not FANATICS~ would likely pay more for this collection delivered in much higher quality .mp3 files.
on August 30, 2014
I was dissapointed when I discovered the Canon in D track did not sound like the exact original version. The true original version sounds infinitley times better and this one's pace is too fast and cuts the notes to quickly. I haven't listened to the whole album yet but I'm positive that it will be of professional quality. 3 stars because I expected nothing less than exact versions of the compositions. Still, not many collections out there like this one, amazingly.

UPDATE 2/4/2015:

I'm really happy this collection was made. My main complaint apart from the one stated above is that the songs aren't labeled correctly when you rip them into your library. I had to spend time on correcting the song names. Thankfully it came with the proper track listings in the cd case. But my point is what group spends this incredible amount of effort into recreating classical music songs and not have the tracks properly labeled correctly in the cd? I don't know about you but when I buy a brand new cd or album I'm expecting to rip it and have it ready to go with the info complete and correct. It's as if whoever was responsible for doing this part was totally careless. That's a huge mess up and easily avoidable. And don't they review it before putting it out to sell? It just baffles me that they can put an orchestra together and make perfect recreations of classical songs but can't label the names right into the cd. And the same goes for the 50 Darkest Pieces of Classical Music. I'll put up an extra star just because overall I'm extremely happy with this collection and recommend it to anyone wanting to get a collection of authentic classical songs.
on May 18, 2017
Amazing. I am a millennial in my 20s and I dont usually listen to this type of music but this got me in awe. This album is lit if you know what i mean! I just bought this album as a birthday present for my uncle but when I tried some of the songs to sample them I was pretty amazed. It felt like I was watching a movie or a trailer. They're pretty good quality too so you can bump this ishh in your beats by dre. Haha. I recommend.
on January 27, 2016
Each of the 50 pieces of classical music is very well done, however each piece is so short in duration (compared to the totality of each work), that basically all one gets from this collection is just a taste of the larger picture. In other words, this collection leaves one wanting to hear much more.
on August 22, 2015
Anytime you have a collection of the "greatest" pieces of music, it is all subjective and arguable. Still, this is a nice representation of some of the great pieces of music, though some might be included that would not make your cut and others that would are missing. For the price and the quality of sound, this is a good purchase.
on March 21, 2010
Like the other reviewers, I am very pleased with this purchase. I bought it primarily to be background music. While I enjoy much classical music I am neither an expert nor true aficionado. However, the selections are lovely, the sound quality is far more than simply good enough for me and the value is remarkable. The download process was simple and fast with the amazon downloader program. It is amazing that one can obtain so much beautiful music for less than a burger.
on January 5, 2015
I absolutely loved this collection and let my daughter use it while traveling to her work. She had a difficult time returning it to me as many of her favorites were part of the selections. I secretly purchased one for her for a Christmas present and it arrived in time from the United Kingdom company. She was thrilled. I also ordered a third one for my other daughter but it didn't arrive in time for Christmas but I have it now and will be giving it to her on her birthday in February. they each came wrapped in a customed quilted envelope from the Royal Mail and were in good condition when each of them arrived. Thanks