Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part 2: The End of the Story
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on February 10, 2002
This is such a great book, its so small yet filled with so much helpfull information and advice, I STRONGLY recomend this book to just about anybody. Read the first Part of the 2 book series and then the second and I garantee you will love these 2 books. After reading them, I simply stoped and thought about what i just read, and the information in them is so helpfull and can be applied to just about anything you are going through, it just gives you a whole new way of looking at the world. This book preatty much turns your way of looking at life upside down. One thing though, im 17 and I have never really read anything with such a good positive message to it. And its interesting to read too. So if this is something i liked, this will surely be something you will LOVE !! Take care.
on July 29, 2006
The original Greatest Salesman in the World follows the great salesman Hafid's life before and after he reads the 10 scrolls of selling success. In this quite similar sequel, the scrolls of success are lost in a shipwreck, and Hafid is divinely called to write 10 new scrolls in order to replace the old ones.

The new scrolls emphasize these main points:

-Never again will I belittle myself

-I won't start the day without a map

-I will be enthusiastic

-I will never be unpleasant to others

-I will look for triumph in adversity

-I will do my best on every task

-I will focus completely on the task at hand

-I will never wait for opportunity, instead I will seek it

-Each night, I will reflect on what I did, and think about how I can improve

-I will pray to the creator in success and failure

Some of these points look VERY similar to the points made in the first book, so much that I was tempted to give this book 3 stars, but the new scroll emphasizing the foolishness of waiting for opportunity was much needed. Also, the last scroll about prayer was needed, even though it is essentially a repeat of the tenth scroll in the first book. I am very glad that this author puts so much emphasis on prayer.

Aside from repetition, the only thing I didn't like about this book is that the scrolls are treated so majestically, being just a hair under Biblical scripture itself - almost as if to suggest that the ingredients necessary for any kind of success are both the Word of God AND ten extra scrolls. I'm not so sure Paul would agree. The scrolls are helpful for success, but not necessary.

But yeah, I have to agree. Sitting around and waiting for opportunity to come to you is really the worst thing you can do.
on September 20, 2003
When asked to write a sequel to The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino said that he "didn't want to risk producing any sort of sequel that might dilute or harm the original in any way." In this sequel, he has actually enhanced the original by seamlessly weaving one story into the next.
Hafid, now 20 years older, has allowed himself to slip into a slumber of self-pity. Through a dream and the timely appearance of a mysterious stranger, the greatest salesman in the world sets out once again to better the world around him. More than just an illustration of ten success principles, this book is a fascinating story with nuggets of wisdom hidden throughout. Each of the ten Vows of Success contain powerful observations that will hit you right between the eyes.
This book stands well on its own, but will be even more meaningful to those who have read and enjoyed the original.
Larry Hehn, Author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory
on May 10, 2005
My love story with this book started about 15 years ago

but if you ask me for an objective review, I can say no

less than this:

This book is all about setting up your mind for success,

and it does it really well. It imprints the principles

of success in your daily lifestyle, replacing your bad

habits with good ones.

To accomplish this, it first draws your attention with

a moving tale you hardly can turn down, so first things

first: Don't start reading this book until you have a

few hours to read the whole thing.

The story refers to some mysterious scrolls and will

gently set you into a state of "I want to read those

scrolls now!".

And I can witness this: By reading the scrolls every

day for a few months you will set the habits of success

into yourself.

Brilliant! :)

I'm proud to recommend it to my friends and relatives

when I feel they need an extra push towards some goal

they're trying to accomplish, or when they're trapped

in a self-pity attitude, and also to readers of my site.
on March 24, 2013
I've read this book many, many times, and the Twelve Scrolls are worth the price alone. Og Mandino appeared at a convention I was attending some years ago. He told the story of his life, and most of us will never experience what he did--thank goodness.
The very first time of reading it, my eyes were wet at the end. It affected me that much. And I was reading it on the beach at the time. Couldn't put it down. His sequel, Part 2, is on my Kindle now. It reads every bit as well and as meaningfully.
on November 25, 2014
Perhaps not as well done as "Greatest Salesman"but still a fitting sequel. The message to us is not so much in the 10 New scrolls as in the story. It leads us through our latter life chapter culminating in proof of the greatest reward that any of us can hope for.
on March 23, 2016
Any Mandino book is worth readying. I found this inspirational and uplifting. I tried to send this to a friend of long ago, but said that it wasn't his "cup of tea". Guaranteed if you read it, it will help heal your soul!
on October 23, 2013
The greatest Salesman in the world centers around a person who gets to read scrolls that will help him become great at sales, and the reader gets the same info. It's not as simple as reading the book and knocking on doors, but a great sales person told me to read both (the first book and this one) and it served him well.
on April 20, 2013
This is a great book. When I first saw that this was a Part 2, I was unsure how you could possibly create anything close to the first master piece.

Once I received the book I could not put it down. Great message and story. Biblical references.

Must read for adults or teens.

Absolute must have for your collection. Great Price!!!
on January 22, 2012
Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in the World is the best self-help book I've ever read. He gives readers habits to practice that will help them see themselves as worthy, not so much as salespeople, but as human beings. He helps readers incorportate the habits over time into their consciousness, replacing old self-destructive, self-hating behaviors. I give The Greatest Salesman in the World
my highest recommendation.