Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Guerilla Art Kit
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on August 15, 2007
This is an EXCELLENT book! Anxiously awaiting its arrival, I came home from work today to find it waiting for me on my doorstep. I sat down after dinner and read it cover to cover. This book is a great source of inspiration - it's filled to the brim with fun projects and informational overviews of what guerilla art is, finding that art within yourself and projects to begin stirring up creativity within yourself - whether you choose your art to be public or not. It will definitely help to brighten up your creative life.
on February 6, 2014
I've seen and appreciated guerilla art, but never before did I feel so compelled to partake in this awesome exercise of freedom! This book is filled with fun projects to perform on your own or with your friends. I really appreciate the low-key and refreshing approach of this book - it's motivating without being forceful or too `in your face.' Keri Smith leads you into the world of guerilla art and opens your mind to why it's important and revolutionary.

This is a great gift, especially if you or the recipient needs to loosen up and think outside the box about something. I love for example the superhero exercise for its smart and fun perspective on how guerilla art is an empowering mode of communicating ideas that you value. By following her advice, you will discover that random acts of guerilla-art as kindness help make the change you want to see in the world. This makes me happy, which I think has valuable therapeutic affects on the body. A real great guide for deep self-guided therapy that I found is Barbara Ganim's Art and Healing: Using Expressive Art to Heal Your Body, Mind, and Spirit.
on November 21, 2008
I really didn't know what to expect with this book and so it is a great surprise to me to see that it actually encourages random, yet in a healthy, natural, non-crime sort of way, to do various activities to get others in our small little world to really think or react. Some activities are very pleasing to me - flower seed bombs - while others may give people pause if they came up on it in today's paranoid/terrorist world. Sad, but true. I do feel that the positive light in which it is written, projects recommended, and more is great. I just wish we all lived in the world where the author resides. Rather sad commentary, I know, but that is the way life is today. I think I had more fun reading it and imaging myself doing some of the guerilla art projects in my own conservative neighborhood. I will do the flower seed bombs with native plant seeds for boy, some areas of the city I live in could really use some bright purple flowers!! I already do this around my own yard and can say WOW for now my purple botanical natives are really showing some outstanding colorwork around my home, in places not normally flower friendly (earth-wise).

So if you are wild at heart or really need a book to make you become this way - get this book. It is not for the conservatives or the paranoids out there.
on February 21, 2008
The Guerilla Art Kit is a charming addition to author/illustrator Keri Smith's curriculum vitae. Its attraction stems from its low-key style and a wealth of ideas executed well enough to appear at odds with the simplistic cover. Thumbing randomly through the book is unavoidable; it exudes an odd sort of charisma.

The concept of guerilla art is a clever one. Who doesn't find the idea of a sneak attack appealing? The notion of walking tiptoe through some moldy paradigms to pop up suddenly with a speedy installation of public art and slipping away before the masses shake the haze from their eyes feels personal and fun. As a self-defined non-artist I look for ways to articulate impressions that feel like me rather than feel like art. The descriptor "non-artist" relieves most societal and personal pressure and expectation leaving room to play with ideas that include genuine expression of my self and my experiences. When a sharp idea like guerilla art comes along it adds a measure of amusement to the process. I'm already envisioning an art rebellion complete with secret handshake and passwords and covert operations to be carried out by members of the creative underground - a sort of "Hogan's Heroes" meets Bansky plus flash mob.

Jennifer New's book gave me insight into what a journal could be but the artistic skill exhibited in those pages is a bit daunting to one who scribbles on scraps and torn pages and later can't read her own writing. The Guerilla Art Kit, while not a journal oriented, fleshed out my perspective with fun, quirky ideas and created a new line of thinking for me. Its unconventional cover and construction siphon away the intimidation factor - it's a tool the average non-artist can love unconditionally. It truly is enchanting.
on September 1, 2007
This book is so wonderful I want to write the author a thank-you letter! It's very simple, just
easy to follow directions for some simple projects, backed by brilliant ideas, good research,
and thoughtful consideration of public spaces and the environment. I can't wait to round
up my friends and try some of her suggestions!
VINE VOICEon April 30, 2012
Love this one. It's a compilation of ways you can get your creative message out. Great pictures and easy how to instructions help you move to new art dimensions. A wonderful gift for the creative types of all ages. A MUST FOR ART INSTRUCTORS/SCHOOL TEACHERS of all grades. Can't brag on this one by Kerri Smith enough, all her books are great.
on November 20, 2013
My daughter ( age 16) enjoyed this book. She is more serious-minded and I bought it for her as sort of a "loosening up guide", which I think worked for that purpose. She actually did some of the things in this book. Her friends enjoyed it as well. Its a good alternative to sitting in front of the television.
on December 17, 2009
The lay-flat hardcover binder format is perfect for a toolkit on making stickers, wheat paste, stencils and more lending to putting a message out in the world. It's all about using inexpensive and common materials to put one's message out: chapter provide simple illustrations and recipes for slogan stickers and more. A top pick for any DIY business or advertising student.
on December 1, 2015
This is a very cool book for people who dont want to conform to the ridgid stereotype commonly associated with street artists. Highly recommend this book for Late Middle School-High School Students. Have fun, and there are a few surprises...
on May 4, 2009
I am really enjoying this art kit! There are tons of great ideas that will get your imagination going. Every idea is open to modifications so you can be as original as you like. This book is a great way to positively affect the people/community around you. And better yet, share some of your favorite ideas with your friends and go on co-op missions around your town! Seriously, if you're looking for a creative and positive way to have some fun and change people's days for the better, check this book out!

...but you don't have to take my word for it!