Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 342 reviews
The Guess Who is a Canadian band, and that's probably why so many of their songs resonate with me. I lived in Canada between about 1972-1975, and that was during my Jr HS and HS years, a time when many of our musical tastes are starting to develop. Anyway, from what I understand there was a policy at the time that there had to be a certain percentage of music played and TV shows aired that were Canadian. This means that I heard lots of groups like The Guess Who, Gordon Lightfoot, The Stampeders, and even Thundermug, while we lived there. Also, 1972-75 were years when some of The Guess Who's greatest hits came out...anyway, when I say this album on the $5 list a while back and I scanned and previewed the tracks, I saw immediately that it was a winner - cha-ching! Added to my collection.

There are always lots of arguments among dedicated fans of any group about what should or should not be on a Greatest Hits album, but luckily I just like their music and was happy to see so many old friends among the mix. My personal favorites include:
- American Woman (their only #1 hit in the USA)
- Clap for the Wolfman - a kind of strange, but fun song
- Hand Me Down World
- No Sugar Tonight
- No Time
- Share the Land
- These Eyes
and
- Undun

You get these and lots of other good tracks. I am looking forward to adding these to my iPod play lists.

5 solid stars for a trip back to mainly the late 1960s and 1970s.
on March 19, 2017
How can this be so impossibly good when they were so young and still now edgy and iconic decades later? Hear why pioneering Canadian rockers The Guess Who have been echoed by so many including groups famous to Americans. The group produced Randy Bachmann of Bachmann-Turner Overdrive BTO, and my all-time favorite ♂ soloist, Burton Cummings, the consummate soulful rocker crooner composer musician, who continues performing to lifetime fans in USA & Canada, even drugs couldn't destroy his phenomenal voice & talent!☺
on December 4, 2013
Sometimes when many of us abandon a musical group for a few decades, the appreciation grows. This was exactly the reason I wanted to purchase THE GUESS WHO -GREATEST HITS.

During the 60s and 70s, I worked for various New England radio stations that faithfully included songs like "Undone", "These Eyes" and "American Woman" in their playlist rotation. My co-workers played the 45s and LPs over and over so much that 'needle cue burns' were noticeable on the air! I also have to admit that I was starting to get tired of these songs by the end of the 70s! Even "Clap For The Wolfman" was beginning to drive me bonkers! [My apologies to Wolfman Jack whom the song was written for].

Fast forward 30 years. I'd put significant distance between myself and The Guess Who. Suddenly all those familiar songs that I couldn't stand needed to be heard. When your brain starts replaying "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature" and "Laughing" during a simple task like walking the dog or taking out the trash...it was clear that I needed to get my musical fix from this outstanding Canadian Band.

Most of the 19 songs in this collection I was familiar with already. But even the few 'newbies' were enjoyable. The remixes are actually better than their original versions. Keep in mind that many of the radio station copies the DJ's played were produced in mono.

I recommend this collection to those who have...like me...put these songs behind and yet appreciate them even more now.
on February 16, 2014
The one thing about greatest hits albums is that if you buy them, you're probably already a fan. Overall, I found this album an excellent addition to my music library. I would say that this album covers just about all of the groups biggest U.S. hits and I've always enjoyed Burton Cumming's distinctive voice. I live in the Detroit, MI area so we listened to CKLW from Windsor, Ontario a lot in the 70's. Maybe because of the Canadian airplay, a couple of songs that were big around here are not on this album, namely "Runnin' Back To Saskatoon" and "Glamour Boy" which were personal favorites of mine. Other than those small disappointments, this is a good album.
on March 6, 2017
Grew up with listening to them & THEY NEVER GROW OLD too me.
on March 19, 2017
Nostalgia reigns supreme on a good cd.
on August 14, 2017
I am enjoying this, reliving my youth.
on June 22, 2017