Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,344 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,769 reviews
on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
33 comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2017
Great book. Very inspiring.
on June 2, 2017
Arrived promptly. Great advice - of course.
on June 5, 2017
Still as effective as when I took the course years ago.
on May 29, 2017
This was a good book. I chose to take my Time reading it so that I could let the chapters, principles and concepts sink in. I'll go back and spot read for completing my vision statement and prioritizing my quadrant two activities.

I'll definitely consciously incorporate these habits into my life.
on August 1, 2016
I was captivated by this book. It is not a shortcut to success in our personnel and professional lives. It is a systematic process for living well. These 7 habits will never be mastered by anyone, but you can get better at each one. It takes time and effort to improve yourself and change your habits. This books gives you a system for doing this over time, not over night.
on February 24, 2014
I read the 7 Habits a few years back and I got 'addicted' to Habit No.3 - Putting First Things First. I was full of expectancy when the 25th Anniversary edition was promoted long before it came out, I waited for it. I ordered twice from Amazon because the first order was not delivered (or may be returned to sender by our post office here). Though I have not finished reading this edition, however, the much I have read only helped to reinforced what I read years ago. Jim's summary of the 7 Habits as not only practical but profound in that these habits' emphasis is on building character rather than just attaining success is what I have experienced over the years and it is something I lay emphasis on in my teachings and interactions. The family's tribute confirmed what I have always told my audience about such a profound author (though I never met him in person not even when he visited Nigeria briefly, not due to anybody's fault but you know how you can be held hostage by your host in the name of security and safety) that Stephen Covey was a well rounded family man, spiritual, and a great teacher. Sleep well beloved.
on October 12, 2015
This book will change your life!! I am in my 20's and read this book in college. It brought insight and from new points of views that I never knew existed before. Depending on where you are in life (career, college, high school) you will likely see thing from a different point of view as it relates to you, but there is sure to be something here for everyone.

I heard about this book as a must read along with other very inspiring books like The Millionaire Mentor, Limited Edition, The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo, and Bob Proctor's books, and other phenomenal books on leadership and entrepreneurship. This book is another must have and I recommend it to anyone!
on April 13, 2013
I would not usually read a book like this, but this was recently recommended to me. I was a little skeptical at first, but as I read more and more of this book, I started to learn some interesting new insights on self-improvement.

At its core, author Stephen Covey seeks to promote the idea of the "character ethic." He criticizes the other idea of management and effectiveness called the "personality ethic." While the personality ethic focuses on techniques and appearances, the character ethic focuses on core principles such as integrity, courage, and compassion. While the personality ethic means appearing to be someone, the character ethic means to actually live that. This is where the seven habits come in.

The first three habits focus on private victories. The ideas of proactivity, planning, and management are described in these three habits among other concepts. The next three habits focus on public victories, using the principles of the first three to become more effective with other people. These are concepts such as synergy, understanding, and the win/win strategy. The seventh and final habit is called "sharpen the saw" which is renewal and learning and encompasses improvement of self with the first six habits.

The book is interesting for the variety of situations people and organizations might face in which the ideas and principles can be applied. From a better marriage and relationship with a spouse to more effective management in a business and among co-workers. It seems there are few times, outside of emergency situations, in which these seven habits cannot be applied.

I found this to be an interesting and thought provoking book. I would recommend it to those who need or want to be more effective with other people and to pursue better relationships or to those just looking for some fascinating insights in the area.
on April 20, 2015
It's a great motivational tool, and the skills/habits discussed are absolutely valuable for being effective at home and in the workplace, however I felt as though the habits would reinforce themselves in ways that reflected unrealistic expectations for everyday life. They are very good guidelines to live your life, and you should strive for each and every one of them, but in my opinion, sometimes life is about playing a poor hand well, and while the "book" would have you think otherwise, win-win, becomes more of a state of mind, and a compromise than, a true win - win. I would highly recommend the audio book however. I found it insightful, and it gave me some perspective in my life while teaching me some skills I plan to carry on and develop for the rest of my life.