Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
236 helpful votes
237 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
This is a very good "book". I enjoy being able to listen to it while driving. One thing though, if you don't really want to listen to the back-story of the story, i.e. interviews with family members, etc. then skip disc 1. The actual book starts on disc 2.
on November 15, 2017
I've been using the principles written in this book for the past 2 years. It helped me a lot with my career, personal life and dealing with people. Thank you so much Stephen R. Covey!
on April 9, 2017
Great book. Avoid the 25th anniversary edition paperback...the cutting/binding produced rejects that were shipped as 'new'.
on November 7, 2017
Read it, live it, succeed in it. Looking to have the mindset of someone successful? This book will put you on the track. Great book!
on July 10, 2017
Great book, highly recommend. The author gives real world ideas and suggestions for implementing his strategies.
on July 14, 2017
A gold standard of reading into improving one's behavior.

Often in the top 10 of most read books in many book clubs.

Well recommended.
on March 3, 2016
If you've read this classic in the past, as I had, do yourself a big favor by reading it again. As we mature as individuals, we see from new perspectives. I learned so much more about myself, and about life, in this second study.

Covey closes the book with this TS Elliot quote: "We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time.” Explore this familiar work anew and see what you will know for the first time.
on August 20, 2017
This book gives insight how to make your life easy. The ideas will fit into all of your life styles.
on March 26, 2016
Not everyone understands these concepts. This should be a mandatory read in every 5th graders class. Start em young. Everyone who thinks the world owes you something get smart and listen up!