Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
55 comments| 377 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2016
I read a lot of non fiction books and this one is by far one of the best I've read in a very long time! The 7 habits can be applied in our everyday life to make it meaningful and worth living! It's not a book you just read and go on with, it's the kind of book you keep along and re-read over and over again to make sure you are progressing!
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2018
Wow! Just wow!! What a deep, insightful and foundational book on self development by the late Stephen Covey. I was avoiding this book for a long time because of its title (I guess I was judging the book by its title) but don’t get fooled by it. These habits will be foundational for your happiness and success. I have read reviews where people have said that the author beats around the bush too much. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL. The author was just trying to illustrate the important concepts with examples and analysis to get the point across. No fluff, no up-sells here. I will make this book my Bible and refer to it frequently. Also, you will have to read this book at least three times to really internalize the concepts which are deep and profound so not the kind of book that you read once and hide away on your shelf.
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2018
Difficult to put into words how influential this book has been for me. It has changed how I view my reality. It has given me hindsight that made me feel as though I was time traveling backwards, living my life twice, revisiting old memories, seeing my old self respond and react to situations in ways that now, after reading this book I could never imagine doing again. If you are wondering if this book will actually change your life, IT WILL. You just have to be courageous enough to be proactive!
on March 12, 2018
Covey has a tendency to use the "if it is worth saying, it's worth saying three times" method of teaching his concepts. I find that annoying. It's a book. I can re-read key concepts. So I have to shrug off that annoyance and focus on the message. That's why I give it four stars. But the message is outstanding. Sometimes it is a little hard to take - but only because it involves self-appraisal, which is not easy for people who have just come to realize that they actually NEED this book! What I most like about this particular e-book edition is that one can use the Evernote app to answer the reader's guide questions and jot down your thoughts as you go. It's a nice additional learning tool that works great on my Android-based tablet.
VINE VOICEon August 9, 2017
What can I say about a book that's been around forever (1990 seems like forever ago), sold 10 million copies and is still ranked in the top 10 self help books? Not much, this is a really challenging book - you are "response-able" to make these things happen. This is a book that helps shed light on how you can make yourself better as a person, worker, parent, boss, all of the above.

Covey's son wrote a follow up book for teens - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens which if your teen hasn't read it yet, please give it to them. They might not get it all or use all of it, but if they glean anything out of it, it's a worthwhile investment.

Covey's book has helped me very much and I recommend it to everyone without reservation. An excellent guide on how to improve your life. ***Caution*** there are no short cuts, no 'silver bullets' It requires hard work, consistency and commitment. But those things are true of anything worthwhile.
on August 11, 2017
excellent book,

am happy that i bought this book, like he said " i did not invent those laws " but he did a great work of organizing them into a coherent structure, easy to follow and apply in a daily life. i would recommend this to anyone willing to make positive changes in their productivity or life with others.
on April 14, 2018
Fantastic Read. Has relevant ideas that are helpful for anyone applicable to young adults to elderly individuals as well. Has a very effective summary section at the end of the book as well for a quick reference and review of the material. One of the key themes presented is the need for greater interdependence between human beings after people have attained status of independence and dependence. Another relevant theme includes ideas about the different centers one can be attracted to including: friends, family, money, career amongst others. Also lists other relevant skills that are helpful for those in any particular industry whether it is science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Easy to read with the use of lexicon and grammar that traverses even the most simple of vocabulary. Lastly one can easily practice the tips provided in real life and see the amazing results as suggested from reading the particular novel.
on October 20, 2015
I had to buy/read this book for one of my business classes. It's an alright book, it isn't very entertaining. I feel like the seven habits are common knowledge. The book didn't really help me become a more effective person. The book is also very repetitive and does get boring very quickly.
Overall, if you have to read this book for a program or a class like I did, it's an alright book.
on January 7, 2016
When I first received this book I was very excited due to its reputation and recommendations. Text was easy to read, and content was easy to follow and comprehend. I was very intrigued by the overviews and synopsis it correlated with "effective." I would recommend this to people who are looking for some motivation, or need help in becoming organized. I can say it escalated my work ethic, and work quality. This would make a perfect gift for that graduate who is ready, or needs help becoming ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work.