Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,229 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,642 reviews
on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
on September 18, 2016
This book is great and one of the classics. I would give it 5 stars if it is better proofed. There are mentioned a few times in the book that there is an appendix for more information about the topics, but there is no appendix in the Kindle version, even with full text search I couldn't find it. It might be that the appendix is removed in this version or it was not properly edited. Either way is a confusing, hope this will be fixed with an update but not a new edition.
on October 9, 2016
I read a lot of non fiction books and this one is by far one of the best I've read in a very long time! The 7 habits can be applied in our everyday life to make it meaningful and worth living! It's not a book you just read and go on with, it's the kind of book you keep along and re-read over and over again to make sure you are progressing!
on March 28, 2017
There really not much left to say here. If you are thinking about buying this book, just do it. You will find information in here that is applicable to your life and Covey relates well to his readers. I'm honestly surprised your still reading this review.
on April 12, 2017
One of the best classic books you will ever read. It can be applied to any goal you want to read in any area: child rearing, business, financial goals, spiritual/ self improvement goals. No brainer. Required reading for anyone that has any goals in life.
on September 8, 2016
It reminded me of the fundamental principles that have made me successful in life. This is an excellent book that will re-affirm what you already know and give you new confidence to live your life on purpose by principals that will always be true. I am 100% certain that you will value this book as much as I do. I re-read it every year and am still gaining new insights about how to live a more fulfilled, happy life.
review image
on May 27, 2016
This book helped me put my life back in perspective upon exodus from the military. Continuous study and notes take from this work, along with persistent application in my life guided me onto a more productive path in civilian life. I would recommend this for folks serious about changing their daily habits for the better. It is definitely not for those still in the throws of mediocrity, self righteousness, or impulsive stupidity. Take it seriously or don't waste your time.
on June 15, 2017
A classic that has changed my life for the better. I first "read it" via Audible.com 10 years ago during endless hours of sitting on my lawn mower. A printed copy is easily accessible to me in the bathroom (don't ask ;-) and now I needed the electronic equivalent. The forewords of this 25th anniversary edition shone some additional light on this fabulous man that left this earth way too early, but already had left his positive mark on this earth and, I imagine, on the lives of millions of people (directly and indirectly).
What astounds me over and over (that's what my bathroom copy taught me) is that there is profound insight or profound guidance on virtually every page (like, >90%) of this book. No matter where I open it and read it, it teaches me something. There is almost no fluff (except a few quirky quotes from people I've never heard of) and what impresses me is that even the author himself struggled seemingly a lifetime to consistently implement it all, all the time. That's a relief.
If you are in doubt, get it and read it. If you've read it before, read it again (a friend of mine tries to read it every year, at the beginning of the year).
on May 17, 2017
Lovely concepts, I read this book sincerely over and over years ago. But it was just hard to implement on my own. So after blaming myself some, I let it go and let it sit on my shelf for years while I simply lived my life and followed my spiritual path. The intention to be the best possible person I can be was always there though. Now when I look back, I see that I am indeed practicing the 7 habits.

So these things are not so mysterious that one needs to read a book to practice them.
on January 31, 2016
Best book I've ever read. I've given out my copy so many times I don't know how many I've bought it. If you read this with an open mind, it's life changing. Buy it. Read it all the way through or listen to as an audio book. Actually practice what is preached. I can honestly say I've made drastic positive changes in my life because of my new mindset. It's a book I always go back to, because forming and keeping new habits are not easy. This is a book I will revisit for the rest of my life.