BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
55 comments| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2015
I had to buy/read this book for one of my business classes. It's an alright book, it isn't very entertaining. I feel like the seven habits are common knowledge. The book didn't really help me become a more effective person. The book is also very repetitive and does get boring very quickly.
Overall, if you have to read this book for a program or a class like I did, it's an alright book.
on October 9, 2017
I read this forever ago, but couldn't get into it. It's really worth taking the time to go over and committing. Even if you don't do every little thing, there are a lot of great things in this book.
on October 9, 2017
Great book for anyone, easy and simple read on important and difficult subjects. Of course if one likes certain part more it will be needed a further deeper study, but still I honestly believe everyone will be able to find something useful.
on June 5, 2017
Still as effective as when I took the course years ago.
on May 29, 2017
This was a good book. I chose to take my Time reading it so that I could let the chapters, principles and concepts sink in. I'll go back and spot read for completing my vision statement and prioritizing my quadrant two activities.

I'll definitely consciously incorporate these habits into my life.
on May 31, 2017
this is A CLASSIC
Great, thanks
on September 16, 2014
I'd actually recommend this condensed version for anyone with a little time in a commute. I had the book -never read it. The spoken word is much more effective and the abridged version is quite to the point. Although the title suggests habits to improve one's workplace and career performance, in reality this is a book about relationships, and how they can become out of balance.

If one partner is making more withdrawals than deposits in any relationship, this should become "must listen" reading.

The very fact that it also serves as career advice perhaps makes it that much more acceptable to men - though certainly many women are the ones fostering an uneven relationship whether they know it or not.

Beyond that the underlying advice of "be more proactive" is excellent - it's just easier said than done - as the author acknowledges.
on July 27, 2014
I have been putting off writing a review for this book, because I am afraid that nothing I can write about it will actually do it justice and convey exactly to what extent this book has transformed my life, as well as the lives of my closest friends and family members. Everyone in my family has read it, and it completely changed (for the better) the way we interact with each other and approach life. Countless ideas from the book have become such a part of my paradigm (to borrow a term from the book) that I don't even realize it until I reread a portion of the book and marvel at how that concept has rippled throughout my life.

I encourage anyone who has any desire at all for self-improvement to read this book with an open mind. Read it slowly, digest it along the way, and then after a few years, go back and read it again. The wisdom Stephen Covey left the world in this book is definitely a treasure.