Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
55 comments| 328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2016
I read a lot of non fiction books and this one is by far one of the best I've read in a very long time! The 7 habits can be applied in our everyday life to make it meaningful and worth living! It's not a book you just read and go on with, it's the kind of book you keep along and re-read over and over again to make sure you are progressing!
on January 3, 2018
The kindle version has no optimization for tables and figures whatsoever. Most tables are not readable (see pictures attached). Extremely disappointed.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 30, 2017
It pained me to read this book. Like another reviewer has mentioned, this book has very little substance and the author beats around the bush way too much. I am a huge fan of Dale Carnegie and would recommend reading his works instead.
on January 30, 2018
Wow! Just wow!! What a deep, insightful and foundational book on self development by the late Stephen Covey. I was avoiding this book for a long time because of its title (I guess I was judging the book by its title) but don’t get fooled by it. These habits will be foundational for your happiness and success. I have read reviews where people have said that the author beats around the bush too much. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL. The author was just trying to illustrate the important concepts with examples and analysis to get the point across. No fluff, no up-sells here. I will make this book my Bible and refer to it frequently. Also, you will have to read this book at least three times to really internalize the concepts which are deep and profound so not the kind of book that you read once and hide away on your shelf.
on May 17, 2017
Lovely concepts, I read this book sincerely over and over years ago. But it was just hard to implement on my own. So after blaming myself some, I let it go and let it sit on my shelf for years while I simply lived my life and followed my spiritual path. The intention to be the best possible person I can be was always there though. Now when I look back, I see that I am indeed practicing the 7 habits.

So these things are not so mysterious that one needs to read a book to practice them.
on May 27, 2016
This book helped me put my life back in perspective upon exodus from the military. Continuous study and notes take from this work, along with persistent application in my life guided me onto a more productive path in civilian life. I would recommend this for folks serious about changing their daily habits for the better. It is definitely not for those still in the throws of mediocrity, self righteousness, or impulsive stupidity. Take it seriously or don't waste your time.
on November 13, 2017
I️ bought this book based on the reviews. Unfortunately, I️ was a bit disappointed. Wasn’t as good as some of the other self improvement books that I️ have read.
on January 30, 2018
every american or every person on the planet should live according to these practical, honest, self respecting and respecting others and creating your path in life and living you mission dailly. i love this audio and i used to teach 7 habits in corporate america.........I even created a script once and did the program for several corporatioins. i was certified at Prudential............then did it for others personally as a coach and then at PSEG ... in NJ. I love love love stephen covey!!! smart loving man who has passed an I miss him
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 13, 2013
I would not usually read a book like this, but this was recently recommended to me. I was a little skeptical at first, but as I read more and more of this book, I started to learn some interesting new insights on self-improvement.

At its core, author Stephen Covey seeks to promote the idea of the "character ethic." He criticizes the other idea of management and effectiveness called the "personality ethic." While the personality ethic focuses on techniques and appearances, the character ethic focuses on core principles such as integrity, courage, and compassion. While the personality ethic means appearing to be someone, the character ethic means to actually live that. This is where the seven habits come in.

The first three habits focus on private victories. The ideas of proactivity, planning, and management are described in these three habits among other concepts. The next three habits focus on public victories, using the principles of the first three to become more effective with other people. These are concepts such as synergy, understanding, and the win/win strategy. The seventh and final habit is called "sharpen the saw" which is renewal and learning and encompasses improvement of self with the first six habits.

The book is interesting for the variety of situations people and organizations might face in which the ideas and principles can be applied. From a better marriage and relationship with a spouse to more effective management in a business and among co-workers. It seems there are few times, outside of emergency situations, in which these seven habits cannot be applied.

I found this to be an interesting and thought provoking book. I would recommend it to those who need or want to be more effective with other people and to pursue better relationships or to those just looking for some fascinating insights in the area.