Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,217 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,625 reviews
on April 2, 2017
This is, hands down, one of the best and most powerful books I've ever read in my life. I have recommended it to countless people. The fact that you're seeking it out says volumes about your level of self-awareness as it is and this book builds on that. Very seldom do books really make me get involved when I read them, but this book made me break out my highlighter and notepad. There was so much good stuff I just had to take notes I could quickly reference. You know how some books make you say things out loud? You'll read something and say, "YES! EXACTLY!" or read something profound and just sit dumbfounded, going "Wow," and you have to take a moment to reflect on it? This book is full of moments like that.

There is a lot of practical stuff in here, too. Challenges for you. Ways you can start to shift your thinking by taking an emotional inventory of your life and what you're doing/feeling every day. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and read it again. If you're here looking for a book that will help you harness that little spark inside of you that's saying, "You can be better" then this book is it. You're not an animal. Life doesn't condition you like a dog. This book is about the untouchable part of your human spirit that no one besides you controls. This book is about carrying sunny weather with you where ever you go, learning how much a proactive attitude benefits you, and really how sad and wasteful it is to walk through life allowing things to ruin your day. Things don't ruin your day. YOU ruin your day. You are always in control.

Seriously, read this book. You won't regret it.
on September 18, 2016
This book is great and one of the classics. I would give it 5 stars if it is better proofed. There are mentioned a few times in the book that there is an appendix for more information about the topics, but there is no appendix in the Kindle version, even with full text search I couldn't find it. It might be that the appendix is removed in this version or it was not properly edited. Either way is a confusing, hope this will be fixed with an update but not a new edition.
on October 9, 2016
I read a lot of non fiction books and this one is by far one of the best I've read in a very long time! The 7 habits can be applied in our everyday life to make it meaningful and worth living! It's not a book you just read and go on with, it's the kind of book you keep along and re-read over and over again to make sure you are progressing!
on March 28, 2017
There really not much left to say here. If you are thinking about buying this book, just do it. You will find information in here that is applicable to your life and Covey relates well to his readers. I'm honestly surprised your still reading this review.
on April 12, 2017
One of the best classic books you will ever read. It can be applied to any goal you want to read in any area: child rearing, business, financial goals, spiritual/ self improvement goals. No brainer. Required reading for anyone that has any goals in life.
on September 8, 2016
It reminded me of the fundamental principles that have made me successful in life. This is an excellent book that will re-affirm what you already know and give you new confidence to live your life on purpose by principals that will always be true. I am 100% certain that you will value this book as much as I do. I re-read it every year and am still gaining new insights about how to live a more fulfilled, happy life.
review image
on July 12, 2013
What a fantastic read. I highly suggest this book to anyone regardless of whether or not you think you could benefit from such a read. This book contains many powerful lessons in regard to personal change and human development. This is an inspirational and educational book that gives the reader principles and habits that can be used on a daily basis to help any individual become a more successful person in the business world and have a much more productive lifestyle. This book has a large quantity of motivational quotes from scholars all over the world. Anyone could benefit from learning more about one of the following principles.

1 - "Be proactive" - which is described as, human beings are responsible for our own lives and our behavior is a function of our decisions, not our conditions (Covey, 1989).

2 - "Begin with the end in mind" - This is based on the principle that all things are created twice...there is a mental creation first and then a physical creation to all things (Covey, 1989).

3 - "Put first things first" - Which means to manage your life effectively - from a center of sound principles, morals, and knowledge of your personal missions.

4 - "Think win/win" - This habit focuses on seeing things from a mature and 3rd person perspective. Learn to see problems from other points of view and see how to solve them in the most effective manner.

5 - "Seek first to understand, then to be understood" - This habit focuses on how to be an effective listener and use empathy while communicating with others.

6 - "Synergize" - This habit is, "effectiveness in an interdependent reality - it is teamwork, teambuilding, the development of unity and creativity with other human beings" (Covey, 1989).

7 - "Sharpen the saw" - This habit is "preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have - you...It is renewing the four dimensions of your nature - physical, spiritual, mental, and social/emotional" (Covey, 1989).
on June 15, 2017
A classic that has changed my life for the better. I first "read it" via Audible.com 10 years ago during endless hours of sitting on my lawn mower. A printed copy is easily accessible to me in the bathroom (don't ask ;-) and now I needed the electronic equivalent. The forewords of this 25th anniversary edition shone some additional light on this fabulous man that left this earth way too early, but already had left his positive mark on this earth and, I imagine, on the lives of millions of people (directly and indirectly).
What astounds me over and over (that's what my bathroom copy taught me) is that there is profound insight or profound guidance on virtually every page (like, >90%) of this book. No matter where I open it and read it, it teaches me something. There is almost no fluff (except a few quirky quotes from people I've never heard of) and what impresses me is that even the author himself struggled seemingly a lifetime to consistently implement it all, all the time. That's a relief.
If you are in doubt, get it and read it. If you've read it before, read it again (a friend of mine tries to read it every year, at the beginning of the year).
on May 17, 2017
Lovely concepts, I read this book sincerely over and over years ago. But it was just hard to implement on my own. So after blaming myself some, I let it go and let it sit on my shelf for years while I simply lived my life and followed my spiritual path. The intention to be the best possible person I can be was always there though. Now when I look back, I see that I am indeed practicing the 7 habits.

So these things are not so mysterious that one needs to read a book to practice them.
on January 31, 2016
Best book I've ever read. I've given out my copy so many times I don't know how many I've bought it. If you read this with an open mind, it's life changing. Buy it. Read it all the way through or listen to as an audio book. Actually practice what is preached. I can honestly say I've made drastic positive changes in my life because of my new mindset. It's a book I always go back to, because forming and keeping new habits are not easy. This is a book I will revisit for the rest of my life.